What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
For most women, breast augmentation is a journey that leads to positive results. Studies show that breast implants result in a boost in self-esteem, body image, and sexual satisfaction. Although it is easy to get caught up with the excitement associated with the preparatory stages of breast augmentation, it is also important to keep in mind that breast implants are a long-term commitment. Therefore, it is crucial to think far into the future before finalizing your decision to increase your chest size with a breast augmentation.
While it is completely up to you who you decide to confide in when undergoing breast augmentation, it is important to be aware that your news may be received with mixed reactions.
Sports & Activities
Being active is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle and breast implants will not interfere physical activities. However, if you are an active individual, you may wish to select an implant size that is more conservative so that movements such as running, swimming and jumping do not become uncomfortable. In addition, investing in a good quality sports bra that provides sufficient support for exercise is a must!
Breast Implants & Posture
Breast augmentation will have the same affects on your posture as natural breasts, as the saline or silicone gel implants are similar in weight to breast tissue. To minimize the negative affects on your posture, you should choose breast implants that are proportionate to your body frame. Disproportionally large implants will cause posture issues and back pain.
Breast augmentation is completely safe for women who plan on getting pregnant and expanding their family. However, it is important to keep in mind that pregnancy hormones and breast milk can cause alterations in the shape and size of your breasts regardless of the presence of implants. Some have noticed stretching of skin and sagging of breasts after experiencing pregnancy. If this is the case, a breast lift and new implants can be an effective solution.
Breast Implants & Breast Feeding
The common belief that breast implants interfere with breastfeeding is a myth. However, if your incision is peri-areolar, meaning around the nipple, it may affect a few of the many milk ducts which may possibly lead to slightly reduced lactation. To prevent this, be sure to choose a surgeon that is aware of your desire to breastfeed and most commonly the board certified plastic surgeon will take care to avoid any milk duct glands. This method of surgery will not impact your ability to breastfeed your newborn child.
Future Breast Augmentation Surgery
It is likely that this initial breast augmentation will not be your last breast surgery since 25% of women undergo a second surgery within 10 years. Breast implants can leak or develop a “scar shell” that deforms the shape, causing a need for another procedure. Other factors can also contribute to this outcome including weight loss, pregnancy and change in preferred breast size.
Undergoing breast augmentation is a big decision. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding life after breast augmentation, we invite you to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Craft to learn more about this life-changing surgery.
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure