Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
People who look into breast enhancement surgery for improvement, size increase or to restore, “perkiness” that they once had, will often find the procedure names and options a little confusing. If, like many women, childbirth, breastfeeding or gravity have changed your once firm and perky breasts, then you may be unsure if breast implants alone are the solution you seek. The following is a brief explanation of what either the breast augmentation or breast lift, (Mastopexy) procedures can do for you.
Breast augmentation uses breast implants or grafted fat taken from a patient’s own body to add volume, fullness and shape to the breasts. Breast implants include saline and silicone cohesive gel, and they are surgically placed either behind your own breast tissue or partly behind chest muscles and breast tissue.
There are a variety of breast implant sizes and projections available to suit every style preference. Fat transfer allows for subtle size increase and enhanced fullness, while implants will allow 1 or more bra cup sizes to increase and more stable, permanent results.
Mastopexy refers to a breast lift procedure and the purpose of this is to uplift breasts which are sagging, have excess skin and/ or lowered nipple position. It is not uncommon for women to have asymmetric breasts or nipples as well and a lift procedure can be utilized to balance the anatomy. During the procedure, excess skin may be removed from around the areolas only and the skin drawn in. This is known as a circumareolar lift and will help to resize areolas as well as provide subtle repositioning.
Augmentation Mastopexy is a procedure term to describe both a lift and augmentation being performed together. This is a popular choice for women who wish to correct sagging and also have tissue/fat loss in the upper breast where they desire fullness and volume. The best breast augmentation surgeons use a combination of breast implants and lift techniques together to meet a number of aesthetic goals. If the position of a person’s nipples is not at or below the breast crease, a lift may not be necessary, depending on the size of implant that you want.
Trying to determine which option will make you the happiest is difficult to do without seeing an expert, board certified surgeon in person. Careful measurements and assessment of your existing tissue will be important factors.
Understanding the pros and cons of each option, as well as the special consideration for each procedure is an important part of planning. Your stated goals and desired look will also help determine what your optimal procedure should involve. Your surgical consultation will allow you opportunity to ask questions, see the available options and begin forming your, unique plan.
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results