Full Tummy Tuck – Remove Excess Abdomen Skin & Fat
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Surgery
A tummy tuck is the surgical removal of excess skin or fatty deposits from the abdomen, along with the repositioning of abdomen muscles into a tighter formation. This procedure is designed for those who wish to have a flatter and tighter stomach. It is also helpful in remedying the vertical separation of abdomen muscles known as diastasis, which can occur following pregnancy.
A tummy tuck is not a replacement for a healthy lifestyle that includes moderate exercise and a healthy diet and is not considered a weight loss aid or a treatment for obesity. Tummy tucks are advantageous to individuals who have stubborn fat in their abdomen or a reduction in abdominal muscles.
Individuals considering a tummy tuck to improve problem areas in the abdomen may identify the following challenges:
- Inability of dieting and exercise to improve the abdomen area.
- Excessive accumulation of sagging or hanging skin following weight loss.
- Loss of skin elasticity or diastases (loose abdomen muscles) due to pregnancy.
- Unsightly skin and fat deposits around the abdomen.
Can you take the time off work and other responsibilities?
Do you take care of small children?
Are You A Candidate?
Before determining that a tummy tuck is right for you, consider the following ideal candidate qualities:
- Individuals with loose skin around the full abdomen.
- Women who have had a baby or have lost a considerable amount of weight. The expansion of the abdominal muscles due to pregnancy and weight gain can damage these muscles. This damage is irreparable and can cause the tissues to loosely hang fat and skin in the abdominal area.
- Women who are not planning on becoming pregnant. Although a tummy tuck will not affect the healthy carrying or delivery of a baby post-procedure, pregnancy after a tummy tuck can re-injure the abdominal muscles or separate the muscles repaired during a tummy tuck.
- Individuals with a body mass index that is below 35, and preferably less than 30. As the BMI increases, the complications post-surgery also increase.
- Individuals without co-morbidities or other factors that may impede healing post- surgery.
- Individuals who do not smoke.
To begin the procedure, an incision is made just above the pubic bone area. The incision is horizontal across the lower abdomen (hip to hip). The skin is then stretched away from the muscle tissue, and excess skin is removed. The abdomen muscle tissue is tightened to provide a firmly contoured stomach and well-defined waistline. The incision is closed; and the skin is stitched back into place. Sometimes the procedure requires an additional incision around the navel in order to provide the best results.
Outcomes and Results
Ready to reveal your body's potential?
Book a Private Consultation
Generally, post-operative instructions call for plenty of rest and limited movement in order to speed up the healing process and recovery time.
- The surgical sites will be covered in bandages.
- Dr. Craft will give you instructions on providing an optimal environment for wound healing
- Small tubes or drains may be placed under your skin to ensure excess fluid is safely removed from your body.
- Your surgeon or nurse will give you instructions on caring and emptying these drains.
- You may be prescribed medication to take after your surgery.
- Medication can be prescribed to relieve any pain caused by the procedure.
- The stitches will be removed shortly after the surgery depending on the procedure(s) involved.
Normal activities can usually be resumed within two to three weeks. It may take up to a year for the body to completely adapt to the new abdominal configuration but with proper diet and exercise the striking results of the surgery will be long lasting.
- 5 Things to Look For After a Tummy Tuck in Miami
- Compression Garments for a Better Recovery After Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- How Long Does It Take to Perform Tummy Tuck in Miami ?
- Tummy Tuck in Miami: Which Procedure Is Right for You?
- Understanding The Cost Of Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- What You Should Know About Pregnancy After Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- Can A Hybrid Tummy Tuck in Miami Give You The Results Without The Scars?
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Recovering After Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- Tummy Tuck in Miami: Does Age Actually Matter?
- Resuming Exercise After Your Tummy Tuck In Miami
- 5 Things You Should Know About A Post-Holiday Tummy Tuck In Miami
- Treat Yourself This Holiday Season With A Tummy Tuck In Miami
- How A Tummy Tuck In Miami Can Prepare You for Bikini Season
- Tummy Tuck Miami – The Last Step
- Tummy Tuck Clinics In Miami Offer More Options Than You Think!
- A Miami Tummy Tuck Clinic Can Help Reveal The Real You
- Here’s Why Men Are Visiting Miami Tummy Tuck Clinics
- Why Are Miami Tummy Tucks More Popular Than Ever?
- Planning After Pregnancy: How Long Should You Wait For A Tummy Tuck?
- Removal Of Excess Skin In Miami: Is A Tummy Tuck The Best Way?
- Scar Treatment: When Is The Best Time To Start After A Tummy Tuck?
- Decoding Miami Tummy Tuck Terms
- A Miami Tummy Tuck Can Create A Smooth, Flat Belly
- Restore Your Pre-Baby Figure: Miami Tummy Tuck
- Creating An Optimal Tummy Tuck Scar In Miami
- Planning The First Few Weeks After Your Miami Tummy Tuck
- Miami Tummy Tuck Surgery Cost Explained
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Weight Loss Surgeries Result In More Tummy Tucks
- A Tummy Tuck Can Get Your Body Summer Ready
- How Will You Know If You Are Ready For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How Will You Know If You Are Ready For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Healthy Tips For Tummy Tuck Recovery
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How Soon Can You Go Home After Your Tummy Tuck Procedure?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- Here Are The Different Ways Surgeons Approach Tummy Tuck Procedures