Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Plastic Surgery Expectations
Although the term, “botched” surgery sounds frightening and patients who undergo plastic surgery undoubtedly hope to have the best outcome the first time, for a variety of reasons it is not uncommon for patients to require a secondary, corrective surgery in order to achieve their desired results. While in some cases this need is a result of botched results, delivered by an unqualified primary surgeon, in other instances, it is requested to make a minor adjustment to otherwise satisfactory results. If your expectations were not fully met during your primary procedure, the following tips will help you prepare for your corrective surgery.
While you may suspect immediately that your expectations have not been met with your primary procedure, it is crucial to allow yourself sufficient time to heal before considering a secondary surgery. In most instances, patients experience swelling throughout the first several months after the procedure, which means the true results are often not visible right away.
Scars will also be more evident immediately following the procedure, but can be expected to soften and mature over time, gradually becoming less noticeable. Although it may be difficult, try to be patient following your procedure. If you are still unsatisfied six months to one year postoperatively, it may be appropriate to consider corrective surgery.
Prior to undergoing any surgical procedure, it is important to openly discuss your goals for the procedure with your surgeon. After learning your expectations for the surgery, your surgeon will develop a detailed plan for your procedure and discuss the results that you can expect. Perfection is not a realistic goal in most cases and your surgeon will likely dissuade you from thinking in these terms, but instead talk about realistic and often dramatic improvements that can be made to each area of concern.
If your goals were not met during your primary procedure, it is crucial to evaluate your expectations before undergoing your corrective surgery. It is imperative to recognize that the goal of any plastic surgery procedure is enhancement, not perfection. While a secondary procedure can certainly help patients achieve their desired outcome, they should have clear, measurable and realistic goals.
Schedule A Consultation
While in some cases, it may be appropriate to revisit your primary surgeon, it is advisable to consult with several surgeons before scheduling your secondary procedure.
If you are hoping to make a minor adjustment with your corrective surgery, but still feel you can trust your primary surgeon, it may be best to return to him or her, as they are familiar with your case and will want to ensure that you are satisfied with the results. However, if you are considering a second surgery due to botched results, or poor communication, it is imperative to seek a second opinion. Research and select a reputable board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in corrective surgery and whom you feel you can trust.
Although it can be upsetting, if your expectations were not met by your primary plastic surgery, do not be discouraged. A qualified and experienced board-certified surgeon can work with you to develop a plan for corrective surgery in order to help you achieve the results you were hoping for the first time.
- Breast Augmentation in Miami: What Is The Difference Between Teardrop and Round Implants?
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?