9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
Are you ready for your breast augmentation in Miami? For many people, the better prepared they are before a cosmetic procedure, the less anxious they feel. From a medical standpoint, we think ample prep beforehand leads to a more comfortable recovery and better results.
Having an elective cosmetic surgery allows you to do as much research and planning as you want to ahead of time. To help you out, we’ve provided a list of tips and guidelines that will make everything just a little easier if you follow them.
#1. Miami breast augmentation recovery- create a relaxing space
You may already be aware that you’ll need to book a couple of weeks off work and spend more time than usual resting at home after surgery. It can be challenging to feel rested and stress-free if you’re surrounded by messes, noisy activity or tasks that you continually fixate on. We recommend thoroughly cleaning and organizing your home in the weeks before your BA. Once you’ve returned home after surgery, it will be such a relief to have quiet, an abundance of clean linens, comfortable places to lounge, and no chores in sight.
#2. Prep your bed area
We’ll encourage you to get up and walk around regularly after your procedure because it’s good for your circulation and reduces some risks. It’s normal to feel drowsy and tired after anesthetic though, and the hard work of healing will mean you need extra rest. You’ll need to have the head of your bed elevated a bit, so you can prop up the mattress or use firm pillows to create comfortable support. It’s also beneficial to keep tissues, wet wipes, water, medications and lip gloss handy at the bedside. You’ll need to have light snacks on hand, so you don’t take medication on an empty stomach. Your favorite magazines and books make good bedside companions too.
#3. Gather pillows
You may want to consider purchasing a couple of specially designed “wedge” pillows which support ideal body positioning and can offset pressure where it’s not wanted.
#4. Prepare post op medications and supplements
Checking with your plastic surgeon before taking any supplements is essential. Those which help reduce bruising faster include homeopathic Arnica. They may also provide you with antinauseants and medication to help relieve constipation. Drink plenty of water and keep light meals handy for medication time.
#5. Purchase cocoa butter
It’s not mandatory, but many people find the natural emollient properties of cocoa or shea butter help relieve tight, itchy, inflamed skin. You’ll need to avoid applying it directly on incisions or bandages, but the rest of your chest will thank you.
#6. Hire help
After your breast augmentation in Miami, you may need additional help with childcare or pet care. You won’t be able to drive for at least a week, and heavy lifting or strenuous activities are off limits for a few more weeks, so the extra set of hands will go a long way toward easing stress. Some of our patients even hire someone to cook or help with the housework, and they say the extra relief that brings is well worth it during recovery.
#7. Prepare food ahead of time
If you don’t plan to invite a friend or family member to cook, then you’ll benefit from preparing meals ahead. You can use your hands and do simple tasks after breast surgery, but repetative actions can feel sore and tiring. You won’t want to spend long hours chopping, stirring or standing over a stove. If you load up on healthy, quick meals and prepare a few things to freeze, mealtimes won’t be a hassle, and you can focus on rest.
#8 Cold packs and ice packs
Your plastic surgeon will advise you about when, and for how long you can use ice after a breast augmentation. Typically, applying a cold pack or frozen bag of peas for just ten minutes at a time can be permitted in the first few days if needed. You’ll need to avoid prolonged exposure as you may impair healing or put skin at risk. Always place a protective cloth around the gel pack.
#9 Easy on, easy off clothes are your friend
On the day of your procedure, a comfy, zip up or button up top will be the easiest thing to put on and wear home. You can even wear your favorite pyjamas, as long as you don’t need to lift your arms or twist uncomfortably to put them on. It will be helpful to have a stockpile of loose tops and pyjamas handy for your recovery time at home, so if you’re used to wearing tight things, go shopping for comfortable loungewear.
When you’re ready to book your own consultation for breast augmentation, we’d love to hear from you at Body by Craft.
- Tummy Tuck in Miami: Which Procedure Is Right for You?
- Understanding The Cost Of Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- How Long Does It Take to Perform Tummy Tuck in Miami ?
- What You Should Know About Pregnancy After Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- Can A Hybrid Tummy Tuck in Miami Give You The Results Without The Scars?
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Recovering After Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- Tummy Tuck in Miami: Does Age Actually Matter?
- Resuming Exercise After Your Tummy Tuck In Miami
- 5 Things You Should Know About A Post-Holiday Tummy Tuck In Miami
- Treat Yourself This Holiday Season With A Tummy Tuck In Miami
- How A Tummy Tuck In Miami Can Prepare You for Bikini Season
- Tummy Tuck Miami – The Last Step
- Tummy Tuck Clinics In Miami Offer More Options Than You Think!
- A Miami Tummy Tuck Clinic Can Help Reveal The Real You
- Here’s Why Men Are Visiting Miami Tummy Tuck Clinics
- Why Are Miami Tummy Tucks More Popular Than Ever?
- Planning After Pregnancy: How Long Should You Wait For A Tummy Tuck?
- Removal Of Excess Skin In Miami: Is A Tummy Tuck The Best Way?
- Scar Treatment: When Is The Best Time To Start After A Tummy Tuck?
- Decoding Miami Tummy Tuck Terms
- A Miami Tummy Tuck Can Create A Smooth, Flat Belly
- Restore Your Pre-Baby Figure: Miami Tummy Tuck
- Creating An Optimal Tummy Tuck Scar In Miami
- Planning The First Few Weeks After Your Miami Tummy Tuck
- Miami Tummy Tuck Surgery Cost Explained
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Weight Loss Surgeries Result In More Tummy Tucks
- A Tummy Tuck Can Get Your Body Summer Ready
- How Will You Know If You Are Ready For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How Will You Know If You Are Ready For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Healthy Tips For Tummy Tuck Recovery
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How Soon Can You Go Home After Your Tummy Tuck Procedure?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- Here Are The Different Ways Surgeons Approach Tummy Tuck Procedures