Radiesse – Smooth Wrinkles & Plump Skin
Learn More about this Dermal Filler
Radiesse is a dermal filler used to smooth wrinkles and plump skin. Radiesse can be used on moderate to severe wrinkles in the face and also as a filler for the areas on the back of your hands. Radiesse can also be used as a non-surgical method of enhancement and modification to the appearance of certain areas of your face. Depending on your overall goals, Dr. Craft will work with you to create a plan leaving you with wrinkle-free, smooth skin.
Because your face is the first thing people see, you take care of your face using skin care products to keep your face looking it’s best and enhancing your features using beauty products. But life can be hard on your face. UV rays from the sun, a history of smoking, weight gain and loss can all affect the features of your face and encourage wrinkle formation.
Wrinkles or rhytides are folds or creases in your skin caused when you skin moves in a particular way continually. When your skin moves in a particular way over and over, there is microscopic damage to the layers of your skin or derma. The derma works to repair this damage but during the repair process a crease or wrinkle may be formed. Wrinkles usually appear due to age because of changes your skin naturally goes through when we age. Wrinkles are usually caused by moving your face in a manner consistently, the sun, aging, a history of smoking, poor hydration and weight gain and loss.
Outcomes & Results
After an application of Radiesse results are immediate and can last up to a year or longer. Radiesse can be applied to your face, including your lips and the back of your hands smoothing wrinkles and enhancing your skin. Problem areas that can be renewed with Radiesse include:
- Laugh Lines: Laugh lines appear on the corner of the mouth and are also termed oral commissure. After years of laughing or talking the skin in this area of your mouth continually crease causing wrinkles.
- Forehead Lines: These are caused by habitually moving your forehead in a grimace, while thinking or when out in the sun’s glare. These lines usually run horizontal across your forehead.
- Marionette lines: As the name implies, these are lines that run downward from the corners of your mouth.
- Crow’s Feet: These are the wrinkles on the corner of the eyes usually caused by squinting and smiling.
- Worry Lines: These are the two wrinkles that appear into between your eyebrows.
- Chin Wrinkles: These are horizontal wrinkles that form on the chin.
- Skin Sag: Some sagging of the facial skin due to weight gain and loss or because of aging can be augmented using Radiesse.
- Hands: Radiesse can be used to add filler and smooth the back of hands.
- Deformities: Radiesse can fill in areas of your face that are deformed. For examples, some people experience flattening or deepening of the tear trough area (the area below your eyes and above your cheek). Radiesse can supplement these areas to enhance and improve the overall appearance of your eyes.
Results last up to a year
Safe & Non-toxic
Radiesse is a water based gel that contains minute calcium based beads. Because our body already contains calcium, the addition of Radiesse into our bodies is extremely safe, nontoxic and a reliable solution to smoothing wrinkles.
Radiesse is a non-invasive non-surgical procedure that can generally be complete in under an hour. First, Dr. Craft will work with you to identify the problem areas to be treated with Radiesse. You will be injected with lidocaine to freeze the areas that will be injected with Radiesse. Dr. Craft will then inject the Radiesse to the appropriate areas. After injection, you will notice the results immediately.
There may be some swelling and bruising but after the procedure you can return to your everyday activities. After the injections, you will minimize exposure of the treated area to the sun for 24 hours. Depending on the areas treated and your specific skin condition, Dr. Craft will explain after care to you following the procedure.
The positive effects of Radiesse are two-fold. After an application of Radiesse you will notice your wrinkles are smooth and the overall appearance of your skin is healthy looking, hydrated and silky. However, the added benefit of Radiesse is that over time your body will continually replicate the effects of Radiesse by absorbing the microspheres gel and leaving an increase in natural collagen. If you have wrinkly skin or want to add volume to your hands, Radiesse is the solution for you.
How long will Radiesse last?
Answer : Because your body will eventually absorb the small beads of calcium Radiesse is comprised of, leaving natural collagen, the effects of Radiesse will last up to a year and in many cases even longer.
What are the side effects of Radiesse injections?
Answer : As Radiesse is non-invasive, there are generally mild side effects following injections such as swelling, tenderness and bruising. However, many people report no side effects after Radiesse injections. The severity of these common side effects is dependent on your skin’s health, the location of the injections, the amount of the injections and your skin’s sensitivity. Dr. Craft and your enhancement team will discuss the side effects with you during your consultation.
Healthy Skin & Smoothed Wrinkles
Ready to reveal your body's potential?
Book a Private Consultation
Although Radiesse is a non-invasive procedure, there are some considerations before choosing Radiesse including:
- Radiesse should not be used in patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis, or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Radiesse should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the components.
- Radiesse should not be used in patients with a bleeding disorder or patients using prescription drugs that affect blood clotting (i.e. warfarin).
- Radiesse should not be used in women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Radiesse cannot be injected to damaged or infected skin.
- There is a risk of vascular occlusion. Dr. Craft will explain the signs and symptoms of this rare side effect with you and give you the correct resources for intervention.