Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
A breast augmentation, commonly referred to as a “boob job,” is one of the most sought after cosmetic surgery procedures. If you are interested in undergoing a breast augmentation in Miami to enhance the size, shape, and overall appearance of your breasts, you may be wondering which type of implant is best for you. Both saline and silicone implants have several advantages and can deliver beautiful, natural looking results. The benefits of saline and silicone are outlined below to help you determine which implant type is best for you.
Saline implants are comprised of sterile saline solution encased in a silicone shell. Although they are available prefilled, in most cases, they are inserted into the chest empty and filled by the plastic surgeon once they are set in place. This means that their size can be completely customized during the procedure as the plastic surgeon has the ability to determine the appropriate amount of saline to use once the implants are inserted. In addition, because they are inserted empty, saline implants require a very small incision, which results in minimal scarring.
Saline implants tend to appear firmer and rounder in shape than silicone implants. While some patients find that they look less natural than silicone, others prefer the shape provided by saline implants. In the rare event that the saline implant ruptures, it is easy to detect because the implant will deflate and your body will safely absorb the saline solution. Saline implants are an excellent option for women 18 and older considering a breast augmentation as they are safe, FDA-approved and deliver a uniform shape and feel.
Although they are a more expensive option, silicone implants tend to look and feel more natural than saline because they are made up of a silicone gel which mimics natural breast tissue. In addition, their shape is more customizable as silicone implants are available in both a teardrop shape modeled after a natural breast and a rounded shape, much like saline implants. Because silicone implants are only available prefilled, a larger incision is necessary, however, they have the lowest instance of rippling, which contributes to their natural look.
While silicone implants once had a bad reputation due to safety concerns regarding the liquid silicone contained within their shells, today’s silicone implants are filled with an extremely safe and FDA-approved silicone gel which is incredibly safe. As a result, in the rare instance of a rupture, the silicone will not leak into the surrounding tissue. Women over the age of 22 are suitable candidates for a breast augmentation with silicone implants.
The best way to determine which type of implant is right for you is to consult with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. During your private consultation, Dr. Craft, a renowned breast augmentation specialist in Miami, will listen to your concerns and objective for the procedure and help you determine the best implant type, size, shape, and profile to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?