Breast Augmentation By One of the Leading Miami Surgeons
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure which improves the volume, shape, and proportion of the breasts. One method for breast augmentation is fat grafting – a surgical procedure that transfers fat taken from areas of the body where it is undesired and relocating it to the breasts. This natural breast augmentation can increase a patient’s cup size by ½ to ¾. It is an autogenous surgery because the fat grafts come from the patient themselves. The most common areas for fat collection are the abdomen, hips and outer thighs, however in some instances, fat is transferred from the inner thighs, inner knee, and arms.
This two-step surgical procedure takes approximately 2 hours, during which time fat is collected from the donor site and injected into the breasts.
The donor site for fat is carefully selected by you and your plastic surgeon prior to the procedure. The area is prepared in a sterile fashion and given local anesthesia. Next, a device known as the Vaser is gently inserted to separate fat cells for removal by emitting ultrasound waves. These ultrasound waves are mild and do not destroy the adipocytes. After the loosening of fat in the donor site, the cells can be collected by Vaser Liposuction, or Ultrasonic-assisted Liposuction, a suction device that transfers the fat cells into a canister, at which point they are ready to be prepared for the breast augmentation procedure.
Following the harvest of fat cells, the graft material is prepared through centrifugation and separation of fat cells from serum, unwanted blood products, and local anesthesia. The final fat graft product to be injected is then carefully transferred into small injection syringes.
The next step is the breast augmentation surgery. The breasts are prepared and draped in a sterile fashion. Then, using the small injection syringes containing the fat grafts, fat cells are injected into the areas that require shape, projection, and form to improve aesthetics. The injection syringes are blunt-tipped micro-cannulas that push away breast tissue when inserted to leave a potential tunnel around the micro-cannula. As the syringe and micro-cannula is slowly withdrawn, small fat grafts are expelled and enveloped by the surrounding breast tissue, helping stabilize the injected cells with nutrients and blood supply.
This injection method is advantageous in that the transplanted breast tissue cannot move or become displaced, even through vigorous physical forces such as lying on your stomach, intimacy or high impact aerobic exercises. The placement of the fat graft, and technique used is also important and strategic. Often times, it involves multiple small fat grafts layered throughout the tissues in the breasts to produce the desired results. Additionally, the injected fat grafts require blood supply to maintain their health and cannot be more than one millimeter away from a blood vessel.
After the breast augmentation injection surgery, you are well on your way to recovery as the required downtime after this surgical procedure is generally only 2 to 4 days.
If you are interested in breast augmentation and would like to learn more about using autogenous fat grafts to achieve natural, enhanced breasts, we invite you in for a private consultation with our clinical experts. Together, we can discuss the breast augmentation options available and your candidacy for reaching your aesthetic goals with fat grafts.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men