Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
If you have made the exciting decision to undergo a breast augmentation in Miami, you may be wondering what the recovery period entails. While entrusting an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon will help to ensure that your surgery is a success, taking steps to prepare for your recovery will also help to put your mind at ease. The following tips are recommended for a healthy recovery after your breast augmentation.
Ask For Help
While many of us are naturally independent and therefore reluctant to ask for help, it is imperative that you plan for assistance following your breast augmentation procedure. Enlist the help of a friend or family member for the first few days, as you will likely be tired and sore and may not be up to household chores or caring for your children. Heavy lifting must be avoided for the first six weeks and driving cannot be resumed until you have discontinued your use of pain medication.
Manage Your Pain
For the first few days following your procedure, you may experience mild to moderate discomfort and pressure or tightness in your chest. These symptoms are normal and can be managed using the pain medication your plastic surgeon prescribes. Plan ahead by filling your prescriptions before your procedure and purchasing anti-nausea medication to help you cope with the potential side effects of the anaesthesia.
While many patients do not require pain medication after the first day, it is best to be prepared so you can focus on recuperating comfortably. We offer personal, post-surgical concierge services at Body by Craft, which can ensure that your recovery is healthy, luxurious and care-free.
Allow Yourself Time to Heal
Although it can be difficult to slow down when you are used to constantly multitasking and managing a busy schedule, it is imperative that you allow yourself time to heal following your surgery. Prior to your procedure, set up a comfortable space, ensuring that you have plenty of pillows as well as a selection of books, DVDs, and magazines to keep you entertained. Relax, get plenty of sleep, and be careful not to push yourself as you gradually regain your strength.
Stock Your Fridge with Healthy Foods and Water
Another way to get ready for your procedure is to stock your fridge with a variety of healthy food that is easy to prepare and that you know you will enjoy. For the first 24 hours, you may experience nausea or not have much of an appetite as a result of the anaesthesia, so it is advisable to have a selection of soft, light foods on hand. Healthy food such as fruits and vegetables are recommended to provide your body with energy and nutrients which will enable you to heal faster. Be sure to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and improve your energy levels.
While visiting sunny Miami, a breast augmentation may be on your mind. To learn more about what is involved in the procedure and recovery period, we invite you to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Craft, a leading breast augmentation plastic surgeon in Miami dedicated to helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals.
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?