Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Understandably, when considering a breast augmentation, many women are concerned about the possibility of visible scars, which can be a telltale sign of surgery. While scarring is natural following any surgical procedure, since the body naturally produces scars as the incisions heal, a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon can strategically place the incisions in a way which ensures that any resulting scarring is as inconspicuous as possible. In addition, after your breast augmentation in Miami, steps can be taken to care for your scars to ensure that they heal well.
What Causes Scarring?
Any injuries to the epidermis, the outer layer of skin, or dermis, the layer below the epidermis, result in scarring. While injuries to the epidermis tend to result in very minimal scarring, injuries to the dermis can create a more noticeable scar. Since a breast augmentation requires making an incision into the dermis, a noticeable scar is possible. However, as the wound goes through the three phases of healing, the scar will gradually become less visible. Initially, the incision site will be in the inflammatory stage and will consequently be red and swollen for the first few days as the inflammatory cells release chemicals to heal the wound.
Next, for approximately 6-8 weeks, the scar will be in the proliferative phase, during which time it may increase in size, as healing collagen gradually increases the wound’s strength. Finally, the scar will enter the remodeling phase, which typically lasts approximately 4-12 months. During this final phase, the scar will gradually shrink in size as it breaks down and replaces the healing collagen with permanent collagen. As it does so, the scar will fade from red to pink and finally white, however, the extent to which it fades will vary depending on the patient’s skin.
What Can I Do To Help My Scar Heal?
After your procedure, it is important to adhere to all aftercare instructions provided by your plastic surgeon to help ensure that your scar heals quickly. The following tips can help minimize scarring.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: A healthy diet rich in iron, zinc, and vitamin C will aid in your recovery, ensuring that your scar heals effectively.
- Refrain from smoking: Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen which reaches the wound, thereby slowing down the white blood cell’s ability to heal your wound.
- Care for your wound: Take great care to change the dressing as directed by your plastic surgeon and to ensure that you do not put undue stress or strain on the incision site. In addition, be careful to keep the wound clean to reduce the chance of infection, which would worsen any resulting scarring.
- Silicone tape: When placed directly on the scar, silicone tape or sheeting can alleviate redness, pain and itching and help to keep the scar hydrated as it heals.
- Apply a scar cream: In consultation with your plastic surgeon, you may also wish to apply a scar cream to speed up the healing process.
- Breast Augmentation in Miami: What Is The Difference Between Teardrop and Round Implants?
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?