Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
A breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgery procedure, which uses breast implants to enhance the size and shape of the breasts. To accomplish this goal, it is necessary to make a small incision to insert each implant. However, when considering a breast augmentation in Miami, there are four different incision options to consider. The advantages and disadvantages of each incision type are outlined below.
The periareolar incision is an incision made around the lower half of the areola. This incision site is popular because the scar is often easily hidden by the nipple’s bumpy texture and darker pigmentation around the areola edge. In addition, it makes it easier for the plastic surgeon to place the implants since they are positioned just behind the nipple and areola. However, this incision site is not recommended for women who hope to breastfeed in the future, as it may hinder the patient’s ability to do so. The periareolar incision may also impact nipple sensation.
The inframammary incision is an optional incision placement for patients undergoing a breast augmentation in Miami because it allows the plastic surgeon direct access to the tissue that needs to be adapted to create a pocket for the implant. As a result, it yields the most precise and accurate results. This technique involves making an incision in the inframammary fold, also known as the breast fold, where the breast meets the body. This placement is advantageous because any size of implant can be used and the risk of changes in nipple sensation or difficulty breastfeeding is minimal. However, because the incision is under the breast fold, the resulting scar may be visible, particularly from below the breast.
The trans axillary technique involves making an incision in the armpit and using an endoscope to create a tunnel to the breast in order to form a pocket for the implant. The primary advantage of this technique is that it will not result in scars on the breasts, since the incisions are hidden in the armpits. This technique is best suited to saline implants, as they can be inserted empty and filled by the plastic surgeon once they are in place.
However, in some cases, small silicone implants can be inserted using the trans axillary approach. Although this technique is a popular choice, it does not provide the plastic surgeon with direct access to the breast since the incision is made in the armpit. As a result, the implant placement can be more difficult and less controlled. In addition, because there is a greater chance of bleeding and bruising using this technique, the recovery time may be longer.
Transumbilical Incision (TUBA)
The transumbilical or TUBA technique involves making an incision in the belly button and creating a tunnel to access the breasts. This is the least common approach and one that Dr. Craft does not offer, as it can result in visible contour irregularities and scarring. In addition, this incision makes it very difficult for the surgeon to accurately place the implants, which can result in asymmetrical or abnormal looking results.
To learn more and to determine which technique is best for you, please contact our clinic to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Craft, a leading Miami breast augmentation surgeon.
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation