Correcting Physical Issues That Women Experience
Learn More About Mommy Makeover Surgery
The human body demonstrates an incredible resiliency and capacity to change. This is very evident through the process of pregnancy, childbirth and breast feeding, yet most women find that their bodies do not bounce back to their previous shape and in many cases, they can be drastically altered afterward.
In Miami, Mommy Makeover is a popular term used to describe the combination of a number of different procedures designed for correction of the physical issues women experience, together in one surgery. Typically, the tummy and breasts undergo the most visible alterations after bearing children but a combination of restorative, cosmetic procedures can help to bring a mom’s shape and confidence back.
A Mommy makeover will usually include abdominal liposuction alone or combined with a tummy tuck, and a breast lift, augmentation, or both. Through these procedures a woman can feel transformed head to toe with a total body makeover.
Abdominoplasty is also referred to as a, “tummy tuck” and this popular surgical procedure can be performed a few different ways, depending on the client’s needs and goals. After childbirth, the abdominal muscles often remain somewhat separated and this issue is referred to as a diastasis rectus. Consequently, muscle separation can leave you with a permanently protruding abdomen and many women have discovered with great frustration that no amount of exercise will pull those muscles back together.
Abdominoplasty can tighten the fascia overlying abdominal muscles to draw in the waistline and flatten the tummy- creating the possibility for a toned, sculpted look again. Along with muscle repair, a tummy tuck enables your plastic surgeon to remove excess skin from the lower abdomen and pull the belly tissue tight for a smooth, flatter appearance. A full tummy tuck will remove the skin and subcutaneous tissue from the belly button down, creating a horizontal incision from hip to hip which is placed low- ideally below the bikini line. The skin is separated and redraped over the umbilicus so that a newer-looking belly button can be created.
Tummy Tuck Procedures
A mini tummy tuck does not involve reconstructing the belly button, nor does it allow for muscle tightening above the umbilicus. Skin removal is more minor, and the incision will be shorter. The mini abdominoplasty is ideal for those with minimal muscle separation and only a small amount of lax skin in the lower abdomen.
A Hybrid Tummy Tuck is a technique developed with diastasis rectus repair in mind and available to those who only have a small amount of excess skin. The technique utilizes endoscopic surgical tools to repair muscle separation all the way up to the sternum while keeping the smaller incision and minimal tissue removal of a mini tummy tuck. The belly button remains as-is when using the Hybrid technique.
Liposuction also compliments a tummy tuck very well because it will further contour and slim the waistline and upper abdomen. Your Mommy Makeover plan is custom-tailored to you, to give you the best outcome and dramatic improvement that you can achieve.
Mastopexy, otherwise known as a breast lift surgery, is also a common component of a mommy makeover surgery. Because breast weight, rapid stretching and subsequent deflation of the breasts can lead to sagging, a lift may be the best way to reposition the nipples to their previous location and remove excess skin for tighter breasts. Breast lift procedures do require some visible scarring; however, these can be created as subtly as possible and carefully treated while healing to encourage them to lighten and fade.
The circumareolar breast lift involves an incision all the way around the areola and removal of skin in the shape of a donut surrounding it. The skin is cinched tight with sutures like a drawstring and over time, edges smooth, heal and scars blend quite well with the edge of the areola. Areolas can be downsized with this method and a moderate amount of lifting will be achieved.
Breast implants can be placed along with a breast lift so that a woman can benefit from the best of both procedures- restored volume, fullness and cleavage, along with elevated nipples and elimination of sagging. Therefore, Augmentation Mastopexy refers to the combining of both procedures in one surgery. A woman may also choose to undergo a breast lift and wait on the healed results from that procedure before proceeding with breast implants.
Ready to reveal your body's potential?
Book a Private Consultation
- Recovery With Children After Your Mommy Makeover in Miami
- Mommy Makeover in Miami: Effects on Pregnancy
- Do I Need to Lose Weight Before my Mommy Makeover in Miami?
- Here Are Some Of The Biggest Mommy Makeover Misconceptions
- Why A Mommy Makeover In Miami Makes A Great Gift For The Holidays
- Three Important Facts You Should Know About Mommy Makeovers in Miami
- What Is The Average Price Of A Mommy Makeover In Miami?
- How A Mommy Makeover In Miami Can Benefit Your Mind
- Start The New Year Right With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- How Soon Can I Swim After My Mommy Makeover in Miami?
- The Most Popular Trends For A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover in Miami: How You Should Prepare & Recover
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: The Modern Plastic Surgery Trend
- Reclaim Your Body With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: Am I A Good Candidate?
- Insider Tips for Consultation - Get prepped for a Mommy Makeover in Miami
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery Doesn’t Have To Be Tough
- Miami Mommy Makeover- Learn About the Most Effective Way to Get Back Your Pre-Baby Body
- The Ultimate Miami Mommy Makeover Checklist
- Planning a Mommy Makeover in Miami- What Should You Ask Your Surgeon?
- Before Your Miami Mommy Makeover, Stop These Two Things Immediately
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery – We’ve Got Your Must-Have Tips
- Mommy Makeover Miami – A Top Surgery Choice For Many Women
- Do You Have To Be A Mom To Book A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Miami Mommy Makeover – Do You Think You Might Be Ready?
- What’s New In Post-Baby Body Procedures - Miami Mommy Makeover
- Common Miami Mommy Makeover Options
- Mommy Makeover Miami - The Top Three Procedures
- The Miami Post-Pregnancy Solution Nicknamed “Mommy Makeover”
- After Diet And Exercise - When Is It Time For A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Choosing The Best Miami Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgeon
- How To Plan For Your Miami Mommy Makeover
- Is A Miami Mommy Makeover Right For You?
- Miami Mommy Makeover Trends
- Mommy Makeover: The Customizable Head-To-Toe Rejuvenation
- How Long Is The Recovery After A Mommy Makeover?
- Mommy Makeover Step-By-Step Aftercare Instructions
- What Is The Ideal Age For A Mommy Makeover?
- What Is The Right Time To Consider A Mommy Makeover?
Your Ideal Mommy Makeover Procedure
Bonus that many busy moms appreciate is having one, combined recovery time rather than multiple requirements for time off work and regular activities. Often, the combinations above work very well together and with a little planning and preparation, recovery will be relatively quick- seeing you return to many activities by 2-3 weeks post-operatively.
The best way to find out what your ideal Mommy Makeover procedures will be and what they can do to remodel your body, is to meet with Dr. Phillip Craft, board certified plastic surgeon and Miami Mommy Makeover expert, to talk about your goals. At Body by Craft we pride ourselves on being the experts in naturally beautiful transformations, inside and out. We know that moms have a lot to handle and your physical appearance shouldn’t add to your daily stress. Let us help you to feel fit and sexy again with a Mommy Makeover procedure customized just for you.