Breast Augmentation in Miami: What Is The Difference Between Teardrop and Round Implants?
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Patients seeking breast augmentation in Miami often discover both teardrop-shaped and round implants in their search. Do you know what the difference is?
You may be surprised to learn that a variety of types, shapes and sizes of implant are used for breast augmentations in Miami. Your plastic surgeon will explain the benefits of each and recommend the ones that suit your needs. In the meantime, here’s a guide regarding the primary differences between shaped and round breast implants.
Miami breast augmentation with teardrop implants
Teardrop implants (also called anatomic implants) are designed to mimic the gravity-influenced shape of a real breast. They’re made from cohesive silicone gel, and they hold more volume in their lower portion than the top. The upper part of the implant is designed to lay flat against the chest wall, then gradually slope forward. Often referred to as “gummy bear” they tend to feel firmer than other silicone gel implants. They need to be a little less reactive so they can hold their preformed teardrop shape. These implants have a textured silicone shell, further designed to maintain their position within the body.
Round breast implants
The most commonly used variety of breast implants in North America today, round implants have a silicone shell and can be filled with either saline liquid or cohesive silicone gel. Silicone implants come pre-filled and cover a variety of widths and desired dimensions. Their gummy contents are softer and more easily compressed, so they tend to move more naturally and feel softer to the touch.
Do teardrop implants look more natural?
That was the intention when inventing them. However, over time and hundreds of thousands of patients receiving either type, it’s become evident that round silicone implants will move and shift along with gravity, which can make them appear teardrop shaped and natural. Additionally, when a patient lays down, their round silicone implants will move just as real breast tissue does, but tear-drop varieties stay constricted in one form.
Are there risks for breast augmentation with shaped implants?
There are risks and considerations for any cosmetic surgery and choosing experienced; reputable plastic surgeons can help mitigate many of these. For teardrop-shaped implants, in particular, the possibility of moving out of position under the breast tissue is a concern. If the implant rotates within the body, the look will be visibly odd-shaped and asymmetric, requiring surgical correction. Round, smooth implants can rotate freely within the breast pocket as they are perfectly symmetric.
Another potential drawback for the teardrop option is that the incision used to insert it will usually have to be larger than for other implants.
Because no studies prove the superiority of anatomical breast implants, and some notable drawbacks, many leading Miami breast augmentation surgeons prefer the natural look and reliable safety of round breast implants.
You’re invited to schedule your consultation with Dr. Phillip Craft at Body by Craft. We can help you take the next step toward a figure you feel fabulous in.
- Breast Augmentation in Miami: What Is The Difference Between Teardrop and Round Implants?
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?