Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Everybody wants the most beautiful results possible from their breast enhancement surgery. Choosing the top Breast Augmentation Plastic Surgeon in Miami is your first step on the road to a beautiful, natural breast augmentation procedure. What you do during your recovery can be just as important and you should be sure to ask questions during pre-operative planning.
The beautiful weather and active lifestyle many BA patients in Miami enjoy mean that following activity restriction instructions during their BA recovery can be difficult, but the results are well worth it.
The following are some important recommendations about how to keep moving safely and comfortably after your breast implant surgery. These are general guidelines and each person is unique so it is important to check with your Plastic Surgeon about the optimal plan for you.
Walking right after surgery is both possible and advised. Walking is a great way to ensure good circulation in the legs- important after surgical procedures. It will also help you to be independent and somewhat social. Sitting still can keep you focused on discomfort and can contribute to constipation. You will be advised to avoid cardio activity for 2-3 weeks after surgery. Spiking your heart rate and blood pressure directly after surgery can increase the risk of bleeding and lead to increased swelling. Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about when the right time to increase exercise will be for you.
Avoid Swimming Pools
You will want to wear a supportive sports bra or post surgical bra which has the benefit of gentle compression, and no underwires to ensure safe, soft support. You may typically begin lower body strength training and running or hiking at roughly 3 weeks after your procedure. Leg presses and squats are ok but be careful not to lift with the upper body or overuse the arms at this point.
You will be advised to avoid swimming pools, hot tubs and baths for roughly two weeks which is the length of time required to ensure that your incisions are well-closed. Pools can have a high bacterial content and your incisions will be at risk of infection until they are completely closed. If you are lounging at the beach or poolside, ensure that your incisions are completely covered and that sunlight cannot reach them. Once healed, a strong sunblock is advised over your scars because scars can tend to develop excess pigment and darken when exposed to UV light.
Roughly 6 weeks post op is when patients are usually allowed to begin upper body work outs. The implant pockets are considered healed and strong at 6 weeks, however you may still feel sensitive and your pectoral muscles may still be a bit inflamed and tight so working out will feel strange.
It is advised that you begin slowly, at roughly 25% of your usual weight and intensity, then work your way up to heavier workouts and more reps if you choose to. Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about your usual workout routine and when will be realistic for you to resume all normal activity. The firm, high appearance of breasts can last 2-6 months, depending on the implant size and your muscles so you will need patience and care to heal well and see your final, soft, natural results.
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation