Body By Craft Is Not Just Our Name, It’s A Statement.
Welcome To One Of The Top International Plastic Surgery Destination Clinics – Miami
Choose Surgery Type
Changing the body’s appearance is often times more involved than just eating a well-balanced diet and exercising regularly. Even the strictest of diet and exercise regimens are sometimes not enough to eliminate fatty tissues stored in the body.
Body contouring are surgical procedures used to modify body shape or form. Body contouring removes or lifts excess skin to provide tone and contour. Lift surgeries are contouring procedures that involve lifting or raising sagging skin, resulting in a tighter more toned appearance. Some body contouring surgeries transfer fat to targeted areas to contour the overall appearance.
Depending on your goals, your body shape and tissue structure and form Dr. Craft will work with you to create a body contouring plan.
Ready to reveal your body's potential?
Book a Private Consultation
Age & Gravity
For some, body contouring procedures are performed to accomplish enhanced and improved body augmentation. Depending on body proportions, natural body tone and firmness, some patients may choose procedures to contour their body, developing and enhancing their overall features.
Not everyone who has experienced significant weight loss, have sagging skin or desires body enhancement are candidates for body contouring.
- Individuals who have experienced substantial weight loss.
- Individuals who wish to enhance or improve body contour.
- Individuals who have reached their target weight and/or have stabilized their weight loss and gain. This is essential as considerable weight loss following the surgery may cause additional excess skin and problems experienced pre-surgery, while substantial weight gain may cause scars and stretch marks.
- Individuals without co-morbidities or other factors that may impede healing post-surgery.
- Individuals who do not smoke.
- Individuals who are committed to healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.
The recovery time for body contouring differentiates depending on your body contouring plan. In recent years, the recovery time for body contouring procedures has become quicker and less invasive than years before. The procedures all have differing recovery expectations and plans. Normally, recovery time is anywhere from 2 – 6 weeks. Your surgeon will be able to accurately clarify the estimated recovery time to you when you create your body contouring plan. Generally, post-operative instructions call for plenty of rest and limited movement in order to speed up the healing process and reduce the recovery time.
- Regardless of the surgery, the surgical sites will be covered in bandages. Your surgeon will give you instructions on providing an optimal environment for wound healing. Generally, you will keep the bandages on the wound as long as possible, you will use advanced dressings, you will report any drainage or bleeding to your healthcare team and you will follow your surgeon’s instructions for any surgical fastener removal as instructed.
- Small tubes or drains may be placed under your skin to ensure excess fluid is safely removed from your body. Your surgeon or nurse will give you instructions on caring and emptying these drains. The drains are usually removed 7 – 10 days after surgery.
- You may be prescribed medication to take after your surgery.
- Your surgeon will give you a physical activity schedule for your recovery.
- Your surgeon will give you instructions for eating following your surgery.
- Patients sometimes report minor pain associated with surgery. Any pain can be treated effectively with oral medication.
- Your surgeon will give you instructions for follow-up appointments as necessary.
We offer many different safe, effective procedures that will assist you in achieving the body of your dreams. Talk to Dr. Craft during your initial consultation about your body contouring options.