Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Are you planning a breast augmentation in Miami and need help deciding what the most natural-looking implant is? Today’s patient has multiple, safe and beautiful options, but sometimes too many choices can make planning a little more confusing. You may read conflicting information online and wonder, do saline implants really look or feel different than silicone? We’re here to help. This article outlines some key characteristics for both implant types and what BA patients have to say about them.
What Should You Know About Silicone Breast Implants?
In 1992, safety concerns surrounding old implant types led to the silicone option being taken off the market. For over a decade, only saline implants were legally available for implantation in the breast. Medical device manufacturers spent years engineering and reimagining leading-edge technology that eventually replaced the previous implants used for breast augmentation in Miami. The FDA has approved the new generation of cohesive silicone gel implants.
Saline is a saltwater solution used to fill a thin, silicone shell after it is placed inside the body. Silicone gel implants, however, come pre-filled with a non-liquid gel that has a density and tactile feel similar to real breast tissue. They are available in a variety of volumes, shape, and projection, to provide patients with results ranging from voluptuous to naturally, subtly enhanced. Many people choose silicone given the improved safety record and more realistic feel; however, some still feel more comfortable with the saline option.
Are There Still Advantages To Choosing Saline Today?
The shell of these implants is extremely tough silicone. The implant is inserted while empty so that it can be rolled up and placed through an extremely small incision, then filled while inside. Because of the fluid contents, saline implants can be prone to showing rippling or, scalloped shell and this is a concern for those with thin skin and breast tissue. As well, the contents are essentially water, so the movement is fluid and not similar to glandular tissue.
Saline implants may be slightly more prone to rupture, but the liquid is harmlessly absorbed by the body in these cases, and though a revision surgery is required shortly after, there is no health risk present if the implant deflates. Because of the tiny incisions, lower cost and visibility of a breeched shell, some clients prefer going this route. Unless they have thick, ample breast tissue to camouflage the device, rippling or watery movement may be a drawback of saline, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Silicone Is A Preferred Choice For Breast Augmentation In Miami
Given the option to choose a durable implant that looks more realistic and feels natural to the touch, most clients will opt for silicone gel. For those with thin skin and minimal breast tissue, it can offer the best chance of having a natural augmentation that is difficult for others to detect. Silicone will feel lighter in the breast tissue than water so may cause less sagging over time.
They are more expensive and require slightly larger incisions, though these implants are impressively malleable and can still be placed through incisions as small as an inch or so, depending on their volume. The multi-layer outer silicone shell holds a cohesive, gummy material which stays together even if the outer shell is breached. While this means that it will not travel throughout the body in the event of shell damage, it also means a rupture is less detectable, so regular breast exams and MRIs are recommended.
- Breast Augmentation in Miami: What Is The Difference Between Teardrop and Round Implants?
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?