Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast Implant Options
Breast augmentation, commonly referred to as a “boob job,” is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures for women. This cosmetic enhancement surgery, which increases the patient’s breast size via artificial breast implants can have a tremendous impact on an individual’s appearance and self-esteem.
Breast implants come in assorted sizes, shapes and even textures. There are many options available and the type you choose will influence the final aesthetic results as well as the associated risks and/or complications of the procedure. Therefore, it is important to have a clear understanding of your options before undergoing a breast augmentation.
Breast Augmentation With Saline
The two basic types of implants used for breast augmentation are saline and silicone gel implants. For your convenience, the features of each type are outlined below.
Saline implants are filled with sterile salt water that is completely sterile, meaning there is no risk of contamination or exposure to the environment. In some instances, these saline implants are available pre-filled by the manufacturers while others are filled by the surgeon during the procedure.
The advantage of using the unfilled breast implant is that the surgical incision is much smaller and less painful, which leads to a quicker recovery and smaller scars. In the event of an accidental rupture or leak, the saline will be absorbed by your body and expelled, without harming you. Saline implants are a good option when considering breast augmentation since they are safe, FDA-approved, and provide a uniform shape, feel, and level of firmness.
Although silicone implants once had a bad reputation due to safety issues from the liquid silicone that filled the shells, they are now filled with a cohesive silicone gel that is safe and FDA-approved for breast augmentation. The use of silicone gel prevents the collapse of the material if a rupture were to occur, thus reducing health risks.
Silicone implants are gaining popularity due to their natural look and feel. “Gummy bear” breast implants are form-stable implants that feel similar to natural breast tissue and are made of a thicker and firmer silicone gel than traditional implants. As a result, they maintain their shape in the case of a ruptured implant shell.
However, if this type of implant shifts from its original placement, it requires additional procedures to restore the breast’s appearance. There also a variety of shapes for silicone implants. For those that prefer a more natural slope, there is a textured teardrop form providing less of upper volume fullness. This is a very popular shape for the European patients, but in the U.S. the round silicone smooth are the most popular.
Regardless of which type of implant you choose, saline and silicone gel implants come in a thick, silicone-based shell that is made of a malleable elastomer containing multiple layers to increase its durability and protect from ruptures. The exterior surface of the breast implant shell can either be smooth or textured. Smooth breast implants have a thinner shell, which makes them softer but also means they are more likely to move within the surgically constructed breast pocket. In contrast, there is a reduced risk of movement and repositioning with textured breast implants because scar tissue is able to develop on its surface to hold the implants in place.
Whether you choose saline or silicone gel implants with smooth or textured outer shells, it is important to schedule regular check-ups with your plastic surgeon following your procedure.
To learn more about these options for breast augmentation and the risks and benefits of each, please schedule a private consultation with Dr. Craft to find the most suitable implant for you.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?