Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation is the most commonly requested cosmetic surgery procedure. Its purpose is to enhance the aesthetics of the breasts through enlargement, while offering improved contouring, projection, and form. Breast augmentation can be done traditionally with FDA-approved saline or silicone-gel implants or with a more novel method using autogenous fat grafts, which involves the displacement of fat from an undesired area of the body to the breasts.
If you are considering breast augmentation, you may be wondering which is better for your health and aesthetic goals – an implant or fat transfer? Of course, with every choice, there are pros and cons.
Saline Or Silicone Implants
Choosing implants for your breast augmentation offers many advantages and benefits. It is the most common method used by plastic surgeons for breast augmentation and is an established procedure that has a very high success rate. Breast implants are available in a variety of sizes ranging from 120cc to 960cc; as a result, this type of augmentation can give patients a substantial increase in breast size and volume. Breast implants are also available in a variety of different profiles, shapes, and textures so they can be customized to meet your needs. Depending on your desired results, the implants can give a natural or augmented look that is immediate and permanent.
The use of breast implants was once viewed with concern due to safety concerns as it is introducing a foreign object into the body which can lead to health complications. However, new silicone-gel implants and better developed technology have improved the quality and hence, safety of the implants used. Breast augmentation with either saline or silicone-gel implants are FDA-approved. Even in the event implant rupture, the silicone-gel is highly cohesive and remains intact, eliminating the danger of leakage.
Breast Augmentation With Fat Grafts
Breast augmentation with fat grafts is another viable option with its own benefits. It is an autogenous surgery, meaning there is no risk of adverse reactions to foreign material and the chances of infection are lower. This is a perfect alternative to implants if you want to avoid the introduction of foreign objects into the body. Since the fat is taken from your own body, the results are natural-looking and soft like real breast tissue. One of the greatest advantages of using fat grafts is that it utilizes the stubborn, unwanted fat taken from an area such as your hips or thighs to enhance your breasts. In addition, because the procedure itself is minimally-invasive and performed using local anaesthesia, it requires little recovery time. The procedure does not require surgical incisions, so the risk of scarring is greatly reduced.
However, as a newer technology, fat graft breast augmentation is not as well-established as breast implants. Although it is considered a safe procedure, research is still being conducted on fat transfers. Another downside to using fat grafts for breast augmentation is the financial cost. Because it involves liposuction along with the injections, this procedure is more expensive than traditional breast implants. Finally, the greatest disadvantage of breast augmentation using fat grafts is its limitations in terms of size enlargement. Since the amount of spare fat for creating the grafts may be limited, patients can only expect to see an increase of ½ to ¾ of a cup size. As a result, it is not an ideal technique for patients seeking dramatic results.
Determining which procedure is best for you depends on your individual concerns and what you hope to achieve with the surgery. If you are considering breast augmentation surgery, we invite you to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Craft, who will use his expertise to help you understand your options and the best procedure to make your dreams a reality.
- Breast Augmentation in Miami: What Is The Difference Between Teardrop and Round Implants?
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?