Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation is the most commonly requested cosmetic surgery procedure. Its purpose is to enhance the aesthetics of the breasts through enlargement, while offering improved contouring, projection, and form. Breast augmentation can be done traditionally with FDA-approved saline or silicone-gel implants or with a more novel method using autogenous fat grafts, which involves the displacement of fat from an undesired area of the body to the breasts.
If you are considering breast augmentation, you may be wondering which is better for your health and aesthetic goals – an implant or fat transfer? Of course, with every choice, there are pros and cons.
Saline Or Silicone Implants
Choosing implants for your breast augmentation offers many advantages and benefits. It is the most common method used by plastic surgeons for breast augmentation and is an established procedure that has a very high success rate. Breast implants are available in a variety of sizes ranging from 120cc to 960cc; as a result, this type of augmentation can give patients a substantial increase in breast size and volume. Breast implants are also available in a variety of different profiles, shapes, and textures so they can be customized to meet your needs. Depending on your desired results, the implants can give a natural or augmented look that is immediate and permanent.
The use of breast implants was once viewed with concern due to safety concerns as it is introducing a foreign object into the body which can lead to health complications. However, new silicone-gel implants and better developed technology have improved the quality and hence, safety of the implants used. Breast augmentation with either saline or silicone-gel implants are FDA-approved. Even in the event implant rupture, the silicone-gel is highly cohesive and remains intact, eliminating the danger of leakage.
Breast Augmentation With Fat Grafts
Breast augmentation with fat grafts is another viable option with its own benefits. It is an autogenous surgery, meaning there is no risk of adverse reactions to foreign material and the chances of infection are lower. This is a perfect alternative to implants if you want to avoid the introduction of foreign objects into the body. Since the fat is taken from your own body, the results are natural-looking and soft like real breast tissue. One of the greatest advantages of using fat grafts is that it utilizes the stubborn, unwanted fat taken from an area such as your hips or thighs to enhance your breasts. In addition, because the procedure itself is minimally-invasive and performed using local anaesthesia, it requires little recovery time. The procedure does not require surgical incisions, so the risk of scarring is greatly reduced.
However, as a newer technology, fat graft breast augmentation is not as well-established as breast implants. Although it is considered a safe procedure, research is still being conducted on fat transfers. Another downside to using fat grafts for breast augmentation is the financial cost. Because it involves liposuction along with the injections, this procedure is more expensive than traditional breast implants. Finally, the greatest disadvantage of breast augmentation using fat grafts is its limitations in terms of size enlargement. Since the amount of spare fat for creating the grafts may be limited, patients can only expect to see an increase of ½ to ¾ of a cup size. As a result, it is not an ideal technique for patients seeking dramatic results.
Determining which procedure is best for you depends on your individual concerns and what you hope to achieve with the surgery. If you are considering breast augmentation surgery, we invite you to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Craft, who will use his expertise to help you understand your options and the best procedure to make your dreams a reality.
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
Ready to reveal your body's potential?
Book a Private Consultation
Share With Friends