Mommy Makeover Step-By-Step Aftercare Instructions
Learn More About Mommy Makeover Surgery
A Mommy Makeover is a set of personalized, advanced cosmetic and body contouring procedures designed for mothers who wish to restore their pre-pregnancy figures. Since the Mommy Makeover typically involves treatments that can be intense and invasive, the recovery period is extremely important and can be difficult. The following aftercare instructions will help you plan and prepare for your recovery.
Once the surgery is completed, the recovery phase begins as you are transferred to the the recovery unit of the surgical suite. Depending on the extent of your Mommy Makeover, you may be required to have a medical assistant or designated assistance to spend one night with you. The nursing staff will monitor your progress closely and ensure that all of your needs are met until you are ready to go home. Your typical length of time in the recovery area is approximately 1-3 hours.
Once you return home, it is advisable to be accompanied by an adult for at least 24 hours as a safety precaution since the effects of the anesthesia can linger for up to 72 hours and you may need help walking or tracking medication.
Mommy Makeover – Abdominoplasty
If your mommy makeover involves an abdominoplasty a drainage tube will be placed underneath your skin to drain excess blood and fluids. You will receive instructions on how to monitor and care for these tube until they are removed approximately seven to ten days post-op. Before its removal, you are welcome to empty the drainage tubes as often as you like, but should track how much fluid is being drained every 24 hours.
Dr Phillip Craft will prescribe medication in addition to special surgical garments to help with the recovery process. In addition to muscle relaxants, medication for pain will be prescribed, which should be taken with a meal. Most patients find that they do not need the pain medication after four days. The surgical compression garments are typically necessary for six weeks following the Mommy Makeover surgery to help with swelling and supporting the abdomen/lower back region. If a breast enhancement procedure was completed, a surgical bra may also be required for five to seven days post-surgery at which point a sports bra is sufficient.
It is also important to keep an eye on your sodium intake after treatment as this can increase swelling. After approximately ten to fourteen days, you can resume some activities, although strenuous exercise such as running, jogging and heavy lifting is not recommended until two weeks have passed.
In most instances, eight to twelve weeks post-op, the swelling in the stomach will be reduced by 90%, the surgical incisions will have progressed well, and the implants will have settled and healed. Once you reach this stage in recovery, you are considered healed! If you have any questions or concerns regarding the recovery process for your Mommy Makeover, Dr. Craft will be happy to address them for you during a private consultation in order to ensure that your recovery is smooth and comfortable.
- Three Important Facts You Should Know About Mommy Makeovers in Miami
- What Is The Average Price Of A Mommy Makeover In Miami?
- How A Mommy Makeover In Miami Can Benefit Your Mind
- Start The New Year Right With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Why A Mommy Makeover In Miami Makes A Great Gift For The Holidays
- How Soon Can I Swim After My Mommy Makeover in Miami?
- The Most Popular Trends For A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover in Miami: How You Should Prepare & Recover
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: The Modern Plastic Surgery Trend
- Reclaim Your Body With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: Am I A Good Candidate?
- Insider Tips for Consultation - Get prepped for a Mommy Makeover in Miami
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery Doesn’t Have To Be Tough
- Miami Mommy Makeover- Learn About the Most Effective Way to Get Back Your Pre-Baby Body
- The Ultimate Miami Mommy Makeover Checklist
- Planning a Mommy Makeover in Miami- What Should You Ask Your Surgeon?
- Before Your Miami Mommy Makeover, Stop These Two Things Immediately
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery – We’ve Got Your Must-Have Tips
- Mommy Makeover Miami – A Top Surgery Choice For Many Women
- Do You Have To Be A Mom To Book A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Miami Mommy Makeover – Do You Think You Might Be Ready?
- What’s New In Post-Baby Body Procedures - Miami Mommy Makeover
- Common Miami Mommy Makeover Options
- Mommy Makeover Miami - The Top Three Procedures
- The Miami Post-Pregnancy Solution Nicknamed “Mommy Makeover”
- After Diet And Exercise - When Is It Time For A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Choosing The Best Miami Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgeon
- How To Plan For Your Miami Mommy Makeover
- Is A Miami Mommy Makeover Right For You?
- Miami Mommy Makeover Trends
- Mommy Makeover: The Customizable Head-To-Toe Rejuvenation
- How Long Is The Recovery After A Mommy Makeover?
- Mommy Makeover Step-By-Step Aftercare Instructions
- What Is The Ideal Age For A Mommy Makeover?
- What Is The Right Time To Consider A Mommy Makeover?
- Here Are Some Of The Biggest Mommy Makeover Misconceptions