What’s New In Post-Baby Body Procedures – Miami Mommy Makeover
Learn More About Mommy Makeover Surgery
As your body expands and contracts during pregnancy and childbirth, a number of changes take place. While most of the changes you experience are temporary, unfortunately, your body is often altered in permanent ways post-pregnancy.
Although the struggle to shed the weight gained during pregnancy is nothing new, thanks to advancements in technology, there are now a number of effective new ways to treat and correct the changes made to your body during pregnancy, including abdominoplasty, liposuction, and a breast augmentation. When combined, this procedure is known as a mommy makeover, a popular reconstructive body contouring surgery in Miami.
A key component of the Miami mommy makeover is abdominoplasty, better known as a tummy tuck. This surgical procedure targets the excess, loose skin which frequently accumulates on the abdomen following pregnancy, as the stomach is stretched significantly for nine months. A tummy tuck can also treat diastasis recti, a condition in which the stretched abdominal muscles remain separated after childbirth, making it impossible to tighten the abdomen or eliminate excess fat through diet and exercise alone.
During this procedure, Dr. Craft first repairs the abdominal muscles, which effectively tightens the core, much like a corset. Next, he eliminates loose, sagging skin and pulls the remaining skin taut in order to tighten and smooth the abdomen. Doing so may also help to eliminate unwanted stretch marks in the process.
Liposuction, or lipoplasty, is often performed alongside abdominoplasty as part of a Miami mommy makeover, as it can remove pockets of fat from the abdomen and flanks to help patient’s achieve a beautiful hourglass silhouette. In some cases, liposuction alone can be used to treat the abdomen, provided that patients have very little excess fat and do not suffer from diastasis recti.
There are three different types of liposuction: ultrasound-assisted liposuction, laser-assisted liposuction, and tumescent liposuction. The best procedure for you will depend on your particular needs and goals for the procedure and should be decided in consultation with your plastic surgeon.
Breast Augmentation/Breast Lift
Just like the stomach, the breasts are often a problem-area post-baby as both pregnancy and breastfeeding can change the size and shape of the breasts and in many cases, these changes are permanent. Women are affected by pregnancy in a number of different ways; in some cases, their breasts become larger and begin to sag, while in other instances, the breasts lose volume and deflate, losing their perky, youthful appearance. Regardless of your concern, a breast augmentation and/or breast lift can effectively rejuvenate the appearance of your breasts by using implants to restore fullness to the chest, lifting the breasts to reduce drooping, or repositioning the nipples to a more natural position.
Ideal candidates for this procedure are patients who have worked to achieve their optimal weight through diet and exercise but struggle to restore their pre-baby body. Since the results of this procedure can be negatively impacted by future weight fluctuations, it is advisable to be committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and to wait until you have finished growing your family before undergoing a mommy makeover in Miami.
- Before Your Miami Mommy Makeover, Stop These Two Things Immediately
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery – We’ve Got Your Must-Have Tips
- Mommy Makeover Miami – A Top Surgery Choice For Many Women
- Do You Have To Be A Mom To Book A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Miami Mommy Makeover – Do You Think You Might Be Ready?
- What’s New In Post-Baby Body Procedures - Miami Mommy Makeover
- Common Miami Mommy Makeover Options
- Mommy Makeover Miami - The Top Three Procedures
- The Miami Post-Pregnancy Solution Nicknamed “Mommy Makeover”
- After Diet And Exercise - When Is It Time For A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Choosing The Best Miami Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgeon
- How To Plan For Your Miami Mommy Makeover
- Is A Miami Mommy Makeover Right For You?
- Miami Mommy Makeover Trends
- Mommy Makeover: The Customizable Head-To-Toe Rejuvenation
- How Long Is The Recovery After A Mommy Makeover?
- Mommy Makeover Step-By-Step Aftercare Instructions
- What Is The Ideal Age For A Mommy Makeover?
- What Is The Right Time To Consider A Mommy Makeover?
- Here Are Some Of The Biggest Mommy Makeover Misconceptions