Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery – We’ve Got Your Must-Have Tips
Learn More About Mommy Makeover Surgery
At Body by Craft, we offer clients seeking body transformation, the Miami mommy makeover. This popular procedure is a combination of cosmetic surgeries. These strategically target a few main body areas to restore the pre-baby body in one, convenient procedure.
A mommy makeover can include popular body contouring procedures such as tummy tuck, breast augmentation or lift and liposuction. With a Miami mommy makeover, patients enjoy the advantage of a shorter recovery period compared to multiple plastic surgeries. Recovery can vary between 1 to 3 weeks, depending on the personalised combination patients choose.
Enhancing our patient experience starts with must-have tips for a speedy and safe recovery after a mommy makeover.
Arrange For Transportation
Your mommy makeover procedure requires general anesthesia; therefore, you will not be able to drive yourself home afterward. We suggest arranging with a friend or family member to help you with your travels and we can also help to arrange convenient and luxurious accommodations nearby.
Schedule Time To Rest
Many of us find it instinctual to return to our busy lives, however after your mommy makeover, it’s crucial that you get sufficient rest for your body to heal. We recommend our patients to take time off work for the first 1-2 weeks following surgery. This will give your body time to rest and see the majority of swelling or medication effects dissipate before you are out and about again.
Ask For Help Around The Home
Many women who are planning a mommy makeover have a similar concern regarding how they will manage the household while recovering from the surgery. During your few weeks of healing, it is important that you rest and take a break from care taking and chores. Our patients find it helpful to arrange for child and pet care and call a friend or family member to run errands.
This tip is extremely important for those recovering from both breast and abdominal surgeries. Immediately post-op, don’t lift anything over 10 pounds or exercise for a minimum of 3 weeks. Your plastic surgeon will let you know when it’s safe to ease back into cardio-type exercise and eventually, weight-bearing workouts and heavy lifting can resume after roughly 6 weeks.
Take Prescriptions As Directed
After the mommy makeover, we prescribe patients medications to ensure comfort and prevent infection. It’s important that you take these medications as directed, to help with safe healing and so that you don’t feel any unnecessary discomfort.
Prepare Supplies Beforehand
During your mommy makeover recovery, there may be some basic supplies that come in handy. Therefore, we recommend you stock up prior to the procedure to avoid trips to the store. Here is a list of some supplies that may be useful.
- Gentle, stool softeners
- Antibiotic ointments and soap
- Digital thermometer
- Extra firm pillows
- Low-sodium crackers
- Easy, healthy meals
- Smoothie items
- Fresh fruit
- Great books and magazines
Keep The Blood Thinners Away
As your body is healing, it’s important that you refrain from taking medications which affect bleeding and clotting. Talk with your plastic surgeon about any over the counter, prescriptions or supplements you take because they will be aware of which ones can lead to excess bleeding or clotting. These include aspirin, ibuprofen and other anti-inflammatories as well as hormone replacements and more.
Sleep On Your Back
The majority of mommy makeovers include a tummy tuck and breast augmentation; therefore, the best sleeping position is on your back, with your head and shoulders slightly elevated. It can be helpful to elevate the entire head of the bed or sleep in a recliner for the first week.
Avoid Exposure To Cigarette Smoke
Smoking impedes healing and may increase the risk of complications during and after surgery. We strongly advise our patients to avoid smoking or exposure to nicotine during their recovery to ensure a positive experience and optimal outcomes.
If you have any more questions regarding your Miami mommy makeover recovery, please let our experts advise you and ensure you have the best experience possible.
- Recovery With Children After Your Mommy Makeover in Miami
- Mommy Makeover in Miami: Effects on Pregnancy
- Do I Need to Lose Weight Before my Mommy Makeover in Miami?
- Here Are Some Of The Biggest Mommy Makeover Misconceptions
- Why A Mommy Makeover In Miami Makes A Great Gift For The Holidays
- Three Important Facts You Should Know About Mommy Makeovers in Miami
- What Is The Average Price Of A Mommy Makeover In Miami?
- How A Mommy Makeover In Miami Can Benefit Your Mind
- Start The New Year Right With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- How Soon Can I Swim After My Mommy Makeover in Miami?
- The Most Popular Trends For A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover in Miami: How You Should Prepare & Recover
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: The Modern Plastic Surgery Trend
- Reclaim Your Body With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: Am I A Good Candidate?
- Insider Tips for Consultation - Get prepped for a Mommy Makeover in Miami
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery Doesn’t Have To Be Tough
- Miami Mommy Makeover- Learn About the Most Effective Way to Get Back Your Pre-Baby Body
- The Ultimate Miami Mommy Makeover Checklist
- Planning a Mommy Makeover in Miami- What Should You Ask Your Surgeon?
- Before Your Miami Mommy Makeover, Stop These Two Things Immediately
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery – We’ve Got Your Must-Have Tips
- Mommy Makeover Miami – A Top Surgery Choice For Many Women
- Do You Have To Be A Mom To Book A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Miami Mommy Makeover – Do You Think You Might Be Ready?
- What’s New In Post-Baby Body Procedures - Miami Mommy Makeover
- Common Miami Mommy Makeover Options
- Mommy Makeover Miami - The Top Three Procedures
- The Miami Post-Pregnancy Solution Nicknamed “Mommy Makeover”
- After Diet And Exercise - When Is It Time For A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Choosing The Best Miami Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgeon
- How To Plan For Your Miami Mommy Makeover
- Is A Miami Mommy Makeover Right For You?
- Miami Mommy Makeover Trends
- Mommy Makeover: The Customizable Head-To-Toe Rejuvenation
- How Long Is The Recovery After A Mommy Makeover?
- Mommy Makeover Step-By-Step Aftercare Instructions
- What Is The Ideal Age For A Mommy Makeover?
- What Is The Right Time To Consider A Mommy Makeover?