Before Your Miami Mommy Makeover, Stop These Two Things Immediately
Learn More About Mommy Makeover Surgery
At Body by Craft located in Miami, mommy makeover procedures are offered to patients who are seeking an effective solution for multiple physical concerns. Performed Dr. Craft, a mommy makeover combines a number of procedures into one strategic and personalized surgery that contours and targets all regions of a patient’s concerns. It is often completed to remedy the negative effects caused by natural aging, significant weight fluctuations and pregnancy/childbirth.
If you are considering a mommy makeover in our clinic, we strongly recommend our patients to understand and to take the necessary steps required for a safe surgery and positive outcome. To achieve a proportionate and flattering result from the mommy makeover surgery, it is crucial that patients refrain from smoking, dieting and taking supplements as these things can increase the risks of complications during surgery and recovery.
Why Must You Stop Smoking Before A Miami Mommy Makeover?
The habit of smoking has several consequences when it comes to safety and recovery from a mommy makeover.
- Patients who smoke regularly tend to cough more, which can lead an increase in pressure of the veins. This accumulation of pressure can cause bleeding after surgery. If you decide to include a breast augmentation procedure within your mommy makeover, coughing can also become painful and delay recovery.
- Smoking weakens lungs and increases a person’s risk of developing lung infections, such as bronchitis or pneumonia after surgery. Great lung function is important for fast, healthy recovery after general aesthetic.
- One of the worst effects of smoking is its negative impact on incision healing processes. Following a surgical procedure, it’s important for the treatment area to receive adequate blood supply in order to heal. Unfortunately, nicotine and other chemicals found in cigarettes constrict blood vessels and limit blood supply causing delayed wound closure. This effect is concern for procedures such as tummy tuck that rely on a healthy but reduced blood supply when blood vessels are severed. Therefore, it is imperative that you stop smoking, before and after surgery to see optimal outcomes from your mommy makeover.
Why Is It Important That You Pause All Diets, Detoxes & Supplements Prior To A Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a substantial cosmetic surgery requiring optimal nutrition, immunity and stress management to recover well afterward. Therefore, the best thing for you to do as you prepare for a mommy makeover surgery is to eat healthy and nutritiously, but avoid restrictions or addition of medications and supplements that can alter your natural processes.
Diets and detoxes limit your nutritional intake and may hinder your body’s ability to heal. Additionally, ingredients within a special diet or detox plan can produce side effects that are unpredictable during surgery and recovery. Therefore, we strongly advise against these lifestyles choices during your preparatory stages.
Finally, although contrary to popular belief, multivitamins and supplements should be avoided prior to a mommy makeover surgery because they increase the risk of excessive bleeding. Even very safe and natural products can have powerful, physical effects or mix badly with prescribed medications. It’s best to tell your plastic surgeon what you’ve been taking and stop supplements for the amount of time advised by your surgeon.
If you have more questions or concerns regarding your preparation for a Miami mommy makeover, please don’t hesitate to contact our clinic and let our expert staff advise you.
- Three Important Facts You Should Know About Mommy Makeovers in Miami
- What Is The Average Price Of A Mommy Makeover In Miami?
- How A Mommy Makeover In Miami Can Benefit Your Mind
- Start The New Year Right With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Why A Mommy Makeover In Miami Makes A Great Gift For The Holidays
- How Soon Can I Swim After My Mommy Makeover in Miami?
- The Most Popular Trends For A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover in Miami: How You Should Prepare & Recover
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: The Modern Plastic Surgery Trend
- Reclaim Your Body With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: Am I A Good Candidate?
- Insider Tips for Consultation - Get prepped for a Mommy Makeover in Miami
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery Doesn’t Have To Be Tough
- Miami Mommy Makeover- Learn About the Most Effective Way to Get Back Your Pre-Baby Body
- The Ultimate Miami Mommy Makeover Checklist
- Planning a Mommy Makeover in Miami- What Should You Ask Your Surgeon?
- Before Your Miami Mommy Makeover, Stop These Two Things Immediately
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery – We’ve Got Your Must-Have Tips
- Mommy Makeover Miami – A Top Surgery Choice For Many Women
- Do You Have To Be A Mom To Book A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Miami Mommy Makeover – Do You Think You Might Be Ready?
- What’s New In Post-Baby Body Procedures - Miami Mommy Makeover
- Common Miami Mommy Makeover Options
- Mommy Makeover Miami - The Top Three Procedures
- The Miami Post-Pregnancy Solution Nicknamed “Mommy Makeover”
- After Diet And Exercise - When Is It Time For A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Choosing The Best Miami Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgeon
- How To Plan For Your Miami Mommy Makeover
- Is A Miami Mommy Makeover Right For You?
- Miami Mommy Makeover Trends
- Mommy Makeover: The Customizable Head-To-Toe Rejuvenation
- How Long Is The Recovery After A Mommy Makeover?
- Mommy Makeover Step-By-Step Aftercare Instructions
- What Is The Ideal Age For A Mommy Makeover?
- What Is The Right Time To Consider A Mommy Makeover?
- Here Are Some Of The Biggest Mommy Makeover Misconceptions