How Long Is The Recovery After A Mommy Makeover?
Learn More About Mommy Makeover Surgery
A Mommy Makeover is a term in plastic surgery lexicon that describes a set of advanced body contouring procedures for mothers who want to restore their post-pregnancy bodies to a more youthful and flattering figure. Many women experience a sense of renewed confidence after the procedure, due to its ability to deliver natural-looking results and minimize signs of childbearing. Mommy Makeovers are personalized to meet the needs of each individual patient but commonly include a breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction, and body lifts. A combination of the above procedures can be performed as needed to achieve your goals.
Surgery & Recovery
Like any procedure, a Mommy Makeover involves two important steps: the surgery and recovery period. To achieve the desired results, the healing process is just as essential as the surgical procedures performed. Hence, a Mommy Makeover is a collaborative experience between the patient and their plastic surgeon.
Although planning for a Mommy Makeover is an exciting journey, it is crucial to be aware of what to expect during recovery. It is also important to recognize that each individual patient has a unique rate of healing, so while you may hear of another patient returning to work faster or experiencing little swelling, your body will have its own recovery schedule.
Mommy Makeover Procedure
Mommy Makeover procedures are generally classified as same-day procedures, depending on the types of cosmetic treatments being completed. This means that patients are able to return home a few hours after their surgery. When combining treatments, the number and type of body contouring procedures will determine the length of recovery needed. When several procedures are performed, the recovery period is typically a bit longer as it would be for a single procedure. Typically, healing from a Mommy Makeover takes between four and six weeks. It is suggested that you schedule one or two weeks off from work as depending on the extent of the treatment, you may initially need help getting around and completing daily tasks.
Most patients experience some bruising and swelling after the procedure, however these side effects subside by three weeks post-op and are completely resolved around the six month mark. However, scars will take a longer time to fully heal. For the first six to eight weeks, the scars become red. Afterwards, the redness dissipates and the scar becomes thinner. Complete healing of the scars will take at least a year and a half. Throughout the recovery period, it is essential to have regular check-ups with your plastic surgeon, who may offer additional medication, advice, and treatments to help with the process and minimize your discomfort.
Many patients wonder how soon after surgery they can show off their new and improved silhouettes. On average, patients that undergo a tummy tuck as part of their Mommy Makeover can enjoy their new bodies within two to three months of their surgery.
If you are interested in having a Mommy Makeover, we invite you to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Craft, in order to discuss the recovery process and your goals for the procedure.
- Three Important Facts You Should Know About Mommy Makeovers in Miami
- What Is The Average Price Of A Mommy Makeover In Miami?
- How A Mommy Makeover In Miami Can Benefit Your Mind
- Start The New Year Right With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Why A Mommy Makeover In Miami Makes A Great Gift For The Holidays
- How Soon Can I Swim After My Mommy Makeover in Miami?
- The Most Popular Trends For A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover in Miami: How You Should Prepare & Recover
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: The Modern Plastic Surgery Trend
- Reclaim Your Body With A Mommy Makeover In Miami
- Mommy Makeover In Miami: Am I A Good Candidate?
- Insider Tips for Consultation - Get prepped for a Mommy Makeover in Miami
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery Doesn’t Have To Be Tough
- Miami Mommy Makeover- Learn About the Most Effective Way to Get Back Your Pre-Baby Body
- The Ultimate Miami Mommy Makeover Checklist
- Planning a Mommy Makeover in Miami- What Should You Ask Your Surgeon?
- Before Your Miami Mommy Makeover, Stop These Two Things Immediately
- Miami Mommy Makeover Recovery – We’ve Got Your Must-Have Tips
- Mommy Makeover Miami – A Top Surgery Choice For Many Women
- Do You Have To Be A Mom To Book A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Miami Mommy Makeover – Do You Think You Might Be Ready?
- What’s New In Post-Baby Body Procedures - Miami Mommy Makeover
- Common Miami Mommy Makeover Options
- Mommy Makeover Miami - The Top Three Procedures
- The Miami Post-Pregnancy Solution Nicknamed “Mommy Makeover”
- After Diet And Exercise - When Is It Time For A Miami Mommy Makeover?
- Choosing The Best Miami Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgeon
- How To Plan For Your Miami Mommy Makeover
- Is A Miami Mommy Makeover Right For You?
- Miami Mommy Makeover Trends
- Mommy Makeover: The Customizable Head-To-Toe Rejuvenation
- How Long Is The Recovery After A Mommy Makeover?
- Mommy Makeover Step-By-Step Aftercare Instructions
- What Is The Ideal Age For A Mommy Makeover?
- What Is The Right Time To Consider A Mommy Makeover?
- Here Are Some Of The Biggest Mommy Makeover Misconceptions