What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
If you are troubled by the appearance of stubborn, excess pockets of fat, which often appear on the abdomen, hips, chest, and thighs, you may be an excellent candidate for liposuction, a procedure designed to eliminate the fat cells that are unresponsive to diet and exercise alone. Liposuction in Miami is popular amongst both men and women of various ages, due to the dramatic results it yields. However, to ensure that you are satisfied with the results, it is important to be aware of the limitations of this procedure.
Liposuction & Skin
Cellulite After Liposuction
Cellulite, which is the subcutaneous fat typically seen on women’s hips and thighs, causes the skin to appear wrinkled or dimpled. Strong fibers connecting the skin to underlying tissue create tethers and tension points with fat trapped around them. Unfortunately, many people believe that liposuction will reduce the appearance of cellulite, as it removes the underlying fat. This is not always the case because this procedure does not change the quality of your skin or structure of fibers underneath.
While liposuction successfully removes fat cells, it does not cause the surrounding skin to shrink, which means patients may have lax skin following the procedure. As a result, individuals with loose skin may benefit from a combination of liposuction and a tummy tuck, as this procedure is designed to eliminate excess skin.
Liposuction & Cellulite
When liposuction is performed on an individual with poor skin elasticity and significant cellulite, it is possible that the procedure will worsen the appearance of skin irregularities such as cellulite, as dimples or pockets in the skin can appear where fat cells were removed. Excellent, smooth results will depend somewhat on the skill of your surgeon, so it is crucial to take the time to find a highly qualified surgeon who has years of experience performing liposuction. When performed by an expert, the likelihood of complications such as skin dimpling is greatly reduced.
To learn more about Miami liposuction and your eligibility for this procedure, please contact our clinic today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a renowned Miami plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing liposuction. During your consultation, Dr. Craft will examine your skin’s elasticity to determine your suitability for surgery and will explain what you can expect from this transformative procedure.
- A Miami Liposuction Clinic Is The Best Choice For These 2 Types Of People
- Miami Liposuction Clinic - This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
- Miami Liposuction Clinics - What Does It Mean To Have A Healthy BMI?
- You’ll Need This Type Of Fat For A Successful Miami Liposuction Clinic Visit
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do