Miami Liposuction Clinic – This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed in the United States, but popularity does not mean the transformational possibilities are fully understood. Although most people understand that Miami liposuction clinics will remove fat, detailed information can sometimes seem shrouded in mystery and misunderstanding, leading to inaccurate expectations. Understanding what liposuction does and doesn’t do is important to ensure it’s the right choice for a patient’s needs.
What Liposuction Does
Liposuction clinics in Miami offer different variations of the fat-removal procedure, but they all have the same benefits in common regardless of the exact method used to achieve them. Liposuction is the targeted removal of fat deposits within the body, usually targeted to the abdomen, thighs, bra/back, waist, or arms. These deposits can be hard to remove through conventional means because they resist diet and exercise even when the rest of the body shows improvement.
Liposuction is also permanent. If you remove a piece of skin, the body will repair and restore the lost section. If you remove a piece of fat, the body will not regrow more in response. The caveat is that gaining weight in the future can cause new fat cells to be created or existing fat cells to become enlarged and more noticeable. In other words, fat removed from liposuction is gone forever, but a patient’s weight needs to be stable to prevent the fat from being replaced.
Although liposuction is a type of cosmetic surgery, it is one of the least invasive cosmetic procedures available. This means that treatments obtained from a liposuction clinic will take less time to perform and have faster recovery periods. The combination of minimal downtime and high effectiveness are two of the biggest contributors to liposuction’s enduring popularity.
What Liposuction Does Not Do
Liposuction removes pockets of problem fat. Patients who have visible cellulite will not always see improvement in their skin’s texture and contour following liposuction. The removal of fat also has no effect on skin elasticity. Whether the skin around the treated area will “snap back” to its new contour or hang loose is dependent on individual tissue factors.
There are, however, other cosmetic procedures available, which are designed to treat the underlying fibrous bands that cause cellulite and stimulate improved skin elasticity. Some of these modalities can be used in conjunction with liposuction treatment so be sure to discuss available options for skin tone improvement with your surgeon.
It’s important to understand that liposuction only targets external, or subcutaneous, fat deposits. The procedure cannot reach internal, or visceral, fat deposits that form around the abdominal organs. This distinction is important since it is possible for someone to have very little external fat but significant levels of internal fat.
Those who have a rather firm, protruding belly, instead of large bottom, are often carrying this concerning, internal belly fat. Unfortunately the only way to safely deal with this health and aesthetic issue is with careful diet changes and consistent exercise- not visiting a Miami liposuction clinic.
The last, and possibly most important limitation of liposuction is that it is not a weight loss procedure. Patients will inevitably lose a few pounds from fat being removed, but this relatively little change is incidental and not the procedure’s main purpose. Your smoother, refined shape and reduction in problem spots is where dramatic change can be seen. Liposuction can sometimes help create further improvements after a person has reached and maintained their goal weight.
- Miami Liposuction Clinic - This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
- You’ll Need This Type Of Fat For A Successful Miami Liposuction Clinic Visit
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- A Miami Liposuction Clinic Is The Best Choice For These 2 Types Of People
- Miami Liposuction Clinics - What Does It Mean To Have A Healthy BMI?
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do