Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
When it comes to the most frequently requested cosmetic surgery procedures amongst both men and women, liposuction is in the top four —and for good reason. This procedure, which can be performed on almost any part of the body, removes unwanted pockets of fat, greatly improving the body’s contour and boosting the patient’s self-esteem in the process. While the advantages of this procedure are innumerable, before choosing to undergo liposuction in Miami, it is important to be aware of both the pros and cons of this surgery.
Pros Of Liposuction Surgery
- Unlike other body contouring procedures, liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure which can be completed under IV sedation, with fewer risks and a shorter operating time. However, the length of the procedure will vary depending on the technique used and the number of areas being treated.
- Liposuction utilizes a series of tiny incisions, which means the subsequent scars are considerably smaller than those resulting from other body contouring procedures.
- Although liposuction is not a weight loss surgery, by removing stubborn pockets of fat, this procedure can encourage patients to maintain a healthy lifestyle and facilitate future weight loss.
- Liposuction yields permanent results. Once the fat is removed, it will not regenerate or grow back.
- However, the patient must maintain a consistent weight to prevent new fat cells from developing.
- While the recovery time will vary from patient to patient, in most cases, patients are back to light activity within 2-3 days of the procedure and can resume work in as little as one week.
- In many cases, the results are visible in as few as 3-4 weeks, however it may take several months to see the final outcome.
- Liposuction improves the body’s contour, enabling clothing to fit better, which can have a dramatic impact on the patient’s body image and self-esteem.
Ready to reveal your body's potential?
Book a Private Consultation
Cons Of Liposuction Surgery
- Although the results of liposuction are long-lasting and often permanent, it is important to be aware that the results may be affected by future weight gain, pregnancy, and aging. While it is safe to become pregnant following liposuction, it might adversely affect the results.
- Patients who do not commit to maintaining a healthy lifestyle following liposuction may notice that remaining fat cells increase in size or that new problem areas develop. We encourage a healthy lifestyle and will help to coach you in your plan for a new you.
- While liposuction effectively removes stubborn fat, it does not address loose skin, cellulite, dimples, or stretch marks.
- Liposuction is not a weight loss surgery. It cannot treat obesity and in some cases, patients may be required to lose weight in order to become eligible for this procedure.
- Some patients may achieve similar results through diet and exercise, however, this procedure is intended for patients who have a healthy lifestyle and are simply unable to achieve their desired results naturally.
- As with any surgical procedure, while rare, there is a risk of bleeding, infection, temporary numbness, skin burns, and an adverse reaction to the anaesthesia. Bruising and swelling are common, temporary side effects and scarring may occur.
If after weighing the pros and cons, you think that you may be eligible for liposuction in Miami, please contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft.
- A Miami Liposuction Clinic Is The Best Choice For These 2 Types Of People
- Miami Liposuction Clinic - This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
- Miami Liposuction Clinics - What Does It Mean To Have A Healthy BMI?
- You’ll Need This Type Of Fat For A Successful Miami Liposuction Clinic Visit
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do