What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction is a procedure designed to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat, which are often unresponsive to exercise. Although liposuction in Miami is quite popular and can be incredibly transformative, it is important to recognize that it is not a miracle weight loss surgery. Having realistic expectations and an understanding of the surgery’s limitations is necessary before making the decision to undergo liposuction.
What Liposuction Can Do
Liposuction can help increase confidence: As a result of society’s emphasis on maintaining a thin but shapely body, many people feel self-conscious about weight gain, particularly when they are unable to control it by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. While there is no guarantee that liposuction will increase your confidence level, it can have a great impact on a patient’s self-esteem and often makes individuals feel more comfortable and confident in their own skin.
What Liposuction Can’t Do
Liposuction cannot remove excess skin: Liposuction is frequently requested after significant weight loss as it can eliminate the remaining excess pockets of fat. However, it is important to be aware that this procedure cannot remove the excess skin that frequently persists after dramatic weight loss or pregnancy. For this reason, liposuction is frequently performed in conjunction with a tummy tuck.
Liposuction cannot resolve generalized obesity: Liposuction is recommended for individuals who have already reached their ideal weight through diet and exercise but hope to target remaining pockets of fat. It is not suitable for patients who are overweight or who have intra-abdominal fat, which is not responsive to liposuction. Due to the increased risk of complications, individuals who are excessively overweight are not eligible for this procedure.
Liposuction Cannot Achieve Perfection
Before undergoing liposuction, it is imperative to be aware that, as with any other surgical procedure, the goal is improvement not perfection. In order to ensure that you are satisfied with the results, it is necessary to have realistic expectations for the procedure and to understand the aforementioned limitations of liposuction. For example, while liposuction can remove stubborn fat cells, it will not change the quality of your skin. Thus, patients who have loose, dimpled, or wrinkled skin should not expect to see a difference in their skin tone following the procedure.
To learn more about this procedure and your candidacy for Miami’s liposuction contouring procedures, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a leading board certified plastic surgeon and body sculpting expert.
- You’ll Need This Type Of Fat For A Successful Miami Liposuction Clinic Visit
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- Miami Liposuction Clinics - What Does It Mean To Have A Healthy BMI?
- Miami Liposuction Clinic - This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- A Miami Liposuction Clinic Is The Best Choice For These 2 Types Of People