Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction is an effective cosmetic solution for active individuals who struggle to shed excess fat deposits, unresponsive to exercise. However, it is important to be aware that it is not a miracle weight loss surgery; instead, it is a procedure designed to help individuals target specific areas for fat removal and it is necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle both before and after the procedure. In addition to making healthy choices when it comes to your diet, it is also crucial to incorporate exercise into your regular routine after your liposuction procedure.
In Miami, liposuction recovery is made easy with beautiful spaces to walk and take in gentle exercise in the sunshine. Walking and other light aerobic exercises are appropriate for the first few weeks after your procedure. While individuals who were very physically active prior to the procedure may be anxious to resume their regular workout routine soon after surgery, it is crucial to listen to your body and allow yourself sufficient time to heal. Thus, when reintroducing exercise, be sure to start off slowly, lower your intensity level, and recognize your limitations. It is important to wait at least three weeks before resuming higher impact exercise such as running and aerobics.
Two weeks post-operatively, resistance exercise can be resumed. However, like aerobic exercise, it should be reintroduced gradually. While resistance training is important, it is imperative that you do not push yourself and that you pay close attention to your body’s response, stopping when you feel uncomfortable. In addition, if you experience any pain or discomfort when exercising, it is necessary to seek medical attention.
While some resistance exercise can be incorporated into your routine two weeks post-op, for the first three weeks following liposuction, exercise that targets the treatment area must be avoided to allow the incisions to heal and any resulting bruising to resolve itself, at which point resistance exercise can be introduced as tolerated.
Maintaining Your Liposuction Results
Although the targeted fat cells are permanently removed during liposuction, it is important to exercise regularly after the procedure in order to maintain the results. When making the decision to undergo liposuction, it is imperative that you have realistic expectations and are aware of the requirement to commit to a healthy, balanced lifestyle following the procedure. Like all things worth doing, liposuction requires a patient’s commitment to putting in the work necessary after surgery to achieve and sustain optimal results.
- You’ll Need This Type Of Fat For A Successful Miami Liposuction Clinic Visit
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- Miami Liposuction Clinics - What Does It Mean To Have A Healthy BMI?
- Miami Liposuction Clinic - This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- A Miami Liposuction Clinic Is The Best Choice For These 2 Types Of People