Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction and abdominoplasty, commonly referred to as a tummy tuck, are body contouring procedures designed to eliminate excess fat, and improve a patient’s physique and self-esteem. If you are troubled by the appearance of stubborn, excess fat, you may be wondering which procedure is best for you. Oftentimes, the answer is – both! Combining liposuction with a tummy tuck has numerous advantages. In fact, these two procedures are paired together so frequently that this combination has its own name: lipoabdominoplasty.
What Is Lipoabdominoplasty?
What Are The Benefits Of Lipoabdominoplasty?
Reduced risk of seromas: One benefit of combining liposuction and a tummy tuck is that is poses a reduced risk of seromas, pockets of fluid beneath the skin. This is because during this combined procedure the ultrasound is used for shorter periods of time and the use of electro dissection is eliminated.
Reduced risk of blood loss: Blood loss is also reduced during lipoabdominoplasty as tissues are first injected with a fluid that contains epinephrine, which prevents the need for cautery dissection.
Reduced risk of blood clots: Combining liposuction and a tummy tuck also means that a modified general anesthesia can be used, which helps to prevent the risk of the development of blood clots in the legs without necessitating the use of blood-thinning medication. The intravenous anesthesia used also means that the recovery time is reduced and patients are less likely to experience nausea.
Combining two surgical procedures means that the cost of each procedure is reduced because the patient only needs to pay for many of the associated costs such as the OR fee and anesthesiologist’s fee once.
Reduced recovery time: In addition, combining a tummy tuck with liposuction means that the recovery time is reduced, as the patient only needs to take time off from work and other activities once. In Miami, tummy tuck and liposuction recovery should be as fast as possible to get people back out in the sun, enjoying their new shape.
Although there are many benefits to lipoabdominoplasty, combining these two procedures makes it a more complex surgery and may therefore affect the risks involved. The best way to learn more about each procedure and your candidacy for a combined surgery is to schedule a consultation. Please contact our clinic today to make an appointment with Dr. Craft, a renowned Miami tummy tuck and liposuction surgeon.
- A Miami Liposuction Clinic Is The Best Choice For These 2 Types Of People
- Miami Liposuction Clinic - This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
- Miami Liposuction Clinics - What Does It Mean To Have A Healthy BMI?
- You’ll Need This Type Of Fat For A Successful Miami Liposuction Clinic Visit
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do