Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction is an effective body contouring surgery which eliminates stubborn fat cells, improving an individual’s physique and often boosting their self-esteem in the process. Provided that the patient maintains a healthy diet and lifestyle following the procedure, the results can be permanent. As a result, in Miami, liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures available. If you are considering this transformative procedure, it is important to take your time to select and consult with a highly qualified and experienced surgeon. The following questions should be asked during your initial consultation with your prospective surgeon.
Are You Board Certified?
Where Will My Surgery Be Performed?
Once you have verified the credentials of your prospective surgeon, it is important to inquire about where the procedure will take place. Whether your surgeon works out of an office-based treatment room, a local hospital, or a day surgery facility, it is important to make sure that it is an accredited facility. In addition, because liposuction is typically performed on an outpatient basis, it is important to find out how long you will be under your surgeon’s care following the procedure. At Body by Craft in Miami, our patient coordinator would be happy to arrange for your accommodations and additional aftercare, should you require it.
What Types Of Liposuction Do You Perform?
To ensure that you are comfortable proceeding, it is advisable to ask your surgeon what types of liposuction he or she regularly performs, and which type he or she believes will allow you to achieve your individual goals for the procedure. A great plastic surgeon will customize the surgery to your particular needs.
Will The Results Be Permanent?
Before undergoing liposuction, it is important to ensure that you have realistic expectations. Although the fat cells that are removed will not return, your surgeon should clearly explain the various factors that may lead to weight gain, negatively impacting your results, such as aging, pregnancy, weight fluctuations, or medical conditions. In addition, during your consultation, your surgeon should provide you with detailed instructions for maintaining optimal results post-operatively.
Why Is Etch-Liposuction Not Advisable?
Etching or etch-liposuction is a technique that is utilized by some surgeons in order to mimic the appearance of a sculpted abdomen. However, instead of muscles, it uses rows of fat, which remain soft, not hard like realistic muscles. As a result, the outcome is often very unnatural and future weight fluctuations can cause the abdomen to appear distorted. While liposuction can safely remove excess fat cells, a good surgeon will provide you with advice on maintaining and improving your results through diet and exercise.
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do