How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction is a body contouring procedure designed to eliminate stubborn pockets of excess fat, commonly present in the abdomen, hips, and flanks. This procedure, which can be performed under a local or general anesthesia, requires making small incisions in the treatment area and using a thin tube called a cannula, to vacuum up the targeted fatty cells. The advantage of liposuction is that once removed, these fat cells will not reappear, however, it is necessary to maintain a consistent weight following the procedure in order to prevent fat gain.
Liposuction is less invasive than a tummy tuck, which means that less downtime is required post-operatively and in most instances, patients can resume normal day-to-day activities within 5-6 days. In addition, liposuction does not require a long incision, which means that the potential for scarring is greatly reduced.
Although this procedure is suitable for individuals who have recently lost weight, it is important to be aware that it does not remove excess skin and therefore delivers more modest results than a tummy tuck. In addition, individuals with poor skin elasticity may not be suitable candidates for this procedure, as their skin will not adequately retract following the removal of fat cells.
Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck
While most people are eager to achieve a flat, toned stomach, unfortunately diet and exercise alone cannot always eliminate the stubborn excess fat and skin that persists on the abdomen. Luckily, there are now many different cosmetic surgery procedures which are designed to help people achieve their aesthetic goals. Both liposuction and abdominoplasty, frequently referred to as a tummy tuck, work to improve the appearance of the abdomen. However, which one is best for achieving a flat stomach? The distinction between the two procedures is outlined below, in order to help you determine the best treatment option for you.
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
A tummy tuck is a more invasive procedure than liposuction, as it works to tighten abdominal muscles while also removing excess skin and fat. As a result, it is a more transformative procedure, which can drastically improve an individual’s physique, making it the best choice for people hoping to achieve a flat stomach. During this procedure, two incisions are required; one below the underwear line and one surrounding the navel. The wide, horizontal incision is necessary to achieve a smooth abdomen with adequate skin removal, but a skilled surgeon will strategically place both incisions in order to minimize their visibility.
Because this procedure is more invasive, the downtime required is more extensive. Patients typically need to take at least two weeks off from work in order to recover.
Patients are bothered by excess skin in addition to stubborn fat, or reduced skin elasticity, caused by age or multiple pregnancies, are often best suited to a tummy tuck.
Regardless of which procedure you choose, it is important to ensure that you have realistic expectations and to understand that both liposuction and abdominoplasty are body contouring procedures, not weight loss surgeries. Thus, it is advisable to lose excess weight prior to the procedure and to maintain that weight following the surgery to sustain optimal results. To learn more, please contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a leading Miami liposuction and tummy tuck surgeon.
- A Miami Liposuction Clinic Is The Best Choice For These 2 Types Of People
- Miami Liposuction Clinic - This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
- Miami Liposuction Clinics - What Does It Mean To Have A Healthy BMI?
- You’ll Need This Type Of Fat For A Successful Miami Liposuction Clinic Visit
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do