Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
Learn More About Liposuction Surgery
Due to its ability to provide instant, dramatic results, in Miami, liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. This body contouring procedure is ideal for individuals who have recently lost weight but continue to struggle with excess pockets of fat in areas such as the thighs, hips, and abdomen. While many people believe that liposuction is a miracle weight loss surgery, it is actually best suited to patients who maintain an active, healthy lifestyle. This is because, while liposuction does permanently remove the targeted fat cells, weight gain is possible after the procedure if patients do not work to maintain the results.
Removal Of Fat Cells
How To Maintain Your Results
Before making the decision to undergo liposuction, it is important to be aware that your results are as dependent on your post-operative lifestyle as they are on the skill of your surgeon. The following tips can help you ensure that you maintain your liposuction results.
Adhere To All Aftercare Instructions Provided
Following your procedure, your surgeon will provide you with a detailed list of post-operative instructions. It is imperative to follow these guidelines carefully and to let your surgeon know if you experience any complications.
Maintain A Healthy Diet
Since weight gain directly correlates to caloric intake, it is necessary to maintain a healthy diet after your surgery to ensure that you do not gain the weight back. A diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, fish, seafood, low fat dairy, and healthy fats, such as avocado oil and Omega-3 fatty acids will help you sustain a healthy weight. In addition, the aforementioned diet helps to promote healing and lower cholesterol rates. It is also advisable to eat several small meals each day, as this helps to boost your metabolism, control blood sugar, and reduces the likelihood of overeating. As part of a healthy diet, it is also necessary to stay hydrated, by drinking eight glasses of water per day.
Finally, frequent exercise will help you prevent future weight gain by burning calories and building muscles. However, it is important to reintroduce rigorous exercise gradually following the procedure and to adhere to all instructions provided by your surgeon.
If you are considering liposuction in Miami, it is important to plan for a long-term healthy lifestyle to ensure fabulous results that you will love. During your initial consultation, Dr. Craft, a leading Miami plastic surgeon, will provide you with more details about how to prevent weight gain after liposuction.
- A Miami Liposuction Clinic Is The Best Choice For These 2 Types Of People
- Miami Liposuction Clinic - This Popular Procedure May Not Do What You Think
- Miami Liposuction Clinics - What Does It Mean To Have A Healthy BMI?
- You’ll Need This Type Of Fat For A Successful Miami Liposuction Clinic Visit
- Pros And Cons Related To Liposuction Surgery
- What Should You Ask At Your Liposuction Consultation?
- Liposuction Is Used To Sculpt The Body
- Should You Choose Liposuction Or A Tummy Tuck?
- What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
- Are There Benefits To Combining Your Liposuction And Tummy Tuck Procedures?
- Can Fat Return After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- Do You Need To Change Your Eating Habits After Liposuction?
- Ask Your Plastic Surgeon These Questions Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Do You Have To Exercise After Your Liposuction Procedure?
- How To Choose Between Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck For A Flat Stomach?
- What Happens To Cellulite When You Get Liposuction?
- Is Weight Gain Possible After Liposuction?
- What Are The Different Types Of Liposuction Options Available?
- What A Liposuction Procedure Can and Can’t Do