The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
Learn More About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
Hybrid Tummy Tuck
For many people, the appearance of their midsection can change drastically after childbirth or weight loss, and the protrusion or stretched skin can be a source of embarrassment and frustration. While diet and exercise can help reduce excess fat, the surrounding skin may remain lax while separated abdominal muscles cause the appearance of a round, full belly no matter how much one exercises. There are different abdominoplasty procedures designed to contour the abdomen and repair these issues, including a mini tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, and now, the Hybrid Tummy Tuck®
What Is The Hybrid Tummy Tuck?
Like a full tummy tuck, a Hybrid Tummy Tuck® allows for tightening the fascia over abdominal muscles all the way from pelvis to sternum- reducing the bulge caused by diastasis rectus. Endoscopic surgical tools mean that a shorter incision is sufficient to reach these upper abdominal regions. In addition, liposuction can be used to remove excess fat and a small amount of lower abdominal skin is excised.
While a full abdominoplasty procedure requires making a hip-to-hip incision, this procedure, like a mini abdominoplasty, makes a shorter incision placed low on the belly. While the size of the incision will vary depending on the individual patient, in most instances, it is approximately 10-12 centimeters long. This smaller incision, comparable to that made during a C-section, results in minimal scarring. The duration of the surgery is also shorter and can be completed within two to two and a half hours. A mini tummy tuck allows for skin removal and muscle tightening but is limited to the area below the umbilicus.
Candidates For Hybrid Tummy Tuck®
The Hybrid Tummy Tuck® is best suited to women who have experienced abdominal muscle separation after childbirth but do not have a significant amount of excess skin or fat, however, patients who have considerable excess fat or hanging skin may be better suited to a traditional full tummy tuck.
The shorter incision and surgery time required for this procedure make the hybrid tummy tuck easier to recover from than a full tummy tuck surgery. Like after a mini tummy tuck, patients can often return to work within a week of this procedure. Conversely, patients who undergo a full tummy tuck often require two to three weeks of downtime. Regardless of which procedure you undergo, it is important to allow yourself time to heal and to carefully follow all aftercare instructions provided by your surgeon.
Researching abdominoplasty may feel overwhelming due to the number of available procedures. In order to determine whether a mini tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, or The Hybrid Tummy Tuck® is right for you, please contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, who will walk you through the various treatment options and help you to plan your transformation.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?