Mini Tummy Tuck – Reduce Lower Abdominal Fat
Learn More About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
Full Vs. Mini Tummy Tuck
While diet and exercise can help people shed excess pounds, any remaining loose or stretched skin on the abdomen can be incredibly frustrating to deal with on your own. Whether due to pregnancy, aging, or significant weight loss, excess skin is often a source of embarrassment and the only reliable way to remove it is through cosmetic surgery. Luckily, abdominoplasty procedures are designed to target these specific issues. Partial abdominoplasty, which is also known as a mini tummy tuck, or full abdominoplasty, referred to as a full tummy tuck, can effectively smooth and tighten the midsection, reduce excess fat and tighten separated muscles. Determining your best treatment options begins with learning about the distinctions between both abdominoplasty procedures.
Length Of The Incision
Level Of Correction
Another important distinction between the two procedures is the level of correction that is possible with each surgery. Because a full tummy tuck allows for repair of the abdominal muscles above and below the umbilicus, and will tighten skin from the pubis up to the ribs, the results can be much more dramatic than those achieved with a mini tummy tuck. Those who have concerns with the appearance of their tummy above and below the belly button will not usually be satisfied with a mini abdominoplasty. Conversely, the mini tummy tuck is more suitable for patients whose primary concern is the lower abdomen and minor skin excess as corrections are only made below the navel through this procedure.
A mini tummy tuck does not necessitate the navel’s reconstruction because it only removes a small portion of lower abdominal tissue to tighten that area. A full tummy tuck involves separation and redraping of the skin overlying the umbilicus. A new belly button will be created for you and this involves a small scar which is typically hidden inside. As a result, while a scar surrounding the navel may be apparent after a full abdominoplasty, there is no risk of this scarring after a mini abdominoplasty.
Length Of Surgery And Recovery
Due to the more complex nature of the full tummy tuck, both the surgery and recovery time will be longer than that required for a mini tummy tuck. In many cases, patients are able to return to work within a week of a partial abdominoplasty, while a full abdominoplasty requires at least ten days to recover. In addition, individuals who undergo a mini tummy tuck are often able to reintroduce moderate exercise earlier than after a full abdominoplasty.
The increased muscle tightening which usually accompanies a full tummy tuck means that feeling tight for a time post operatively is normal, though temporary. Regardless of which procedure you choose to undergo, it is important to allow your body time to heal and only resume strenuous activities once your surgeon has cleared you to do so.
To learn more about mini and full tummy tuck procedures and determine which one is best for you, please contact our clinic to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Craft.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
Brazilian Butt Lift
- The Risks Of Getting Butt Injections
- The Dangers of Black Market Butt Injections
- Here Is Everything To Know About Butt Injections
- Choosing Between Fat Injections VS Implants For Butt Augmentation
- Types of Butt Injections And How Much They Cost
- The 3 Main Buttock Augmentation Options And Their Pros And Cons
- The Benefits Of Buttock Fillers To Augment Buttock Size
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Who Is A Good Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?
- Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Safer Than Implants?
- How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Performed?
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- What Is A BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- What Happens If I Lose Weight After A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- The Pros And Cons Of A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- How Many Procedures Will I Need For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- How Long Will It Take To See Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Buttocks Implants