The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
Learn More About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
Full Vs. Mini Tummy Tuck
While diet and exercise can help people shed excess pounds, any remaining loose or stretched skin on the abdomen can be incredibly frustrating to deal with on your own. Whether due to pregnancy, aging, or significant weight loss, excess skin is often a source of embarrassment and the only reliable way to remove it is through cosmetic surgery. Luckily, abdominoplasty procedures are designed to target these specific issues. Partial abdominoplasty, which is also known as a mini tummy tuck, or full abdominoplasty, referred to as a full tummy tuck, can effectively smooth and tighten the midsection, reduce excess fat and tighten separated muscles. Determining your best treatment options begins with learning about the distinctions between both abdominoplasty procedures.
Length Of The Incision
Level Of Correction
Another important distinction between the two procedures is the level of correction that is possible with each surgery. Because a full tummy tuck allows for repair of the abdominal muscles above and below the umbilicus, and will tighten skin from the pubis up to the ribs, the results can be much more dramatic than those achieved with a mini tummy tuck. Those who have concerns with the appearance of their tummy above and below the belly button will not usually be satisfied with a mini abdominoplasty. Conversely, the mini tummy tuck is more suitable for patients whose primary concern is the lower abdomen and minor skin excess as corrections are only made below the navel through this procedure.
A mini tummy tuck does not necessitate the navel’s reconstruction because it only removes a small portion of lower abdominal tissue to tighten that area. A full tummy tuck involves separation and redraping of the skin overlying the umbilicus. A new belly button will be created for you and this involves a small scar which is typically hidden inside. As a result, while a scar surrounding the navel may be apparent after a full abdominoplasty, there is no risk of this scarring after a mini abdominoplasty.
Length Of Surgery And Recovery
Due to the more complex nature of the full tummy tuck, both the surgery and recovery time will be longer than that required for a mini tummy tuck. In many cases, patients are able to return to work within a week of a partial abdominoplasty, while a full abdominoplasty requires at least ten days to recover. In addition, individuals who undergo a mini tummy tuck are often able to reintroduce moderate exercise earlier than after a full abdominoplasty.
The increased muscle tightening which usually accompanies a full tummy tuck means that feeling tight for a time post operatively is normal, though temporary. Regardless of which procedure you choose to undergo, it is important to allow your body time to heal and only resume strenuous activities once your surgeon has cleared you to do so.
To learn more about mini and full tummy tuck procedures and determine which one is best for you, please contact our clinic to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Craft.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?