How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy Tuck Surgery
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty is a transformative body contouring procedure designed to tighten abdominal muscles and remove excess skin and fat that have not responded to diet and exercise alone. It is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery treatments available due to its ability to smooth and tone the abdomen, while greatly improving confidence. However, before opting to undergo a tummy tuck, it is important to understand that this is a complex surgical procedure and there are a number of inherent risks and considerations to be aware of. While your choice of Miami plastic surgeon undoubtedly impacts the safety and efficacy of your procedure, it is also important to understand what you can do to prevent infection after a tummy tuck.
Possible Concerns After Tummy Tuck
It is imperative to be aware of the normal healing process after a tummy tuck so that you will know what to expect and when to seek medical assistance. Following the procedure, most patients experience swelling and/or bruising on the abdomen. Pain or numbness may also occur, however, this is temporary and can be alleviated with the pain medication you are prescribed. In addition, you may experience minor bleeding/oozing around the incision site for the first 2-3 days. Your surgeon will provide instructions to limit excessive movement and if you note any new or increasing bleeding or drainage from the incision site, you should let them know.
Reducing Your Risk Of Infection
Incisions are generally covered with clean steri strips or a dressing and you will be advised to avoid certain activity such as bathing, swimming or entering hot tubs until your incisions are completely healed. If you experience signs of infection such as fever, chills, or increased redness and discharge at the incision site, it is imperative to take swift action and contact your surgeon immediately. In addition, you can reduce your risk of infection by carefully following all aftercare instructions provided by your surgeon.
Smoking cigarettes and exposure to nicotine products can also delay wound closure and healing which leave a person more prone to infection. Your surgeon will advise you to avoid smoking before and after surgery for a significant time because you need excellent circulation to avoid infections and heal with beautiful, minimal scars.
Reducing Risk Of Infection
Any sign of infection should be dealt with immediately, as infections that are left untreated can pose a general health risk, and result in fatty necrosis and may lead to tissue loss or unsightly scars
Although the risk of complications and infection is rare, during your initial consultation, Dr. Craft will ensure that you are well informed so you have all of the information necessary to make an educated decision and provide informed consent if you choose to go forward with the procedure. In Miami, tummy tuck surgery performed with Dr. Craft’s extensive experience and expertise can transform your figure in a beautiful and lasting way Call us today to find out more about your options.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men