How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
Tummy Tuck Surgery
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty is a transformative body contouring procedure designed to tighten abdominal muscles and remove excess skin and fat that have not responded to diet and exercise alone. It is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery treatments available due to its ability to smooth and tone the abdomen, while greatly improving confidence. However, before opting to undergo a tummy tuck, it is important to understand that this is a complex surgical procedure and there are a number of inherent risks and considerations to be aware of. While your choice of Miami plastic surgeon undoubtedly impacts the safety and efficacy of your procedure, it is also important to understand what you can do to prevent infection after a tummy tuck.
Possible Concerns After Tummy Tuck
It is imperative to be aware of the normal healing process after a tummy tuck so that you will know what to expect and when to seek medical assistance. Following the procedure, most patients experience swelling and/or bruising on the abdomen. Pain or numbness may also occur, however, this is temporary and can be alleviated with the pain medication you are prescribed. In addition, you may experience minor bleeding/oozing around the incision site for the first 2-3 days. Your surgeon will provide instructions to limit excessive movement and if you note any new or increasing bleeding or drainage from the incision site, you should let them know.
Reducing Your Risk Of Infection
Incisions are generally covered with clean steri strips or a dressing and you will be advised to avoid certain activity such as bathing, swimming or entering hot tubs until your incisions are completely healed. If you experience signs of infection such as fever, chills, or increased redness and discharge at the incision site, it is imperative to take swift action and contact your surgeon immediately. In addition, you can reduce your risk of infection by carefully following all aftercare instructions provided by your surgeon.
Smoking cigarettes and exposure to nicotine products can also delay wound closure and healing which leave a person more prone to infection. Your surgeon will advise you to avoid smoking before and after surgery for a significant time because you need excellent circulation to avoid infections and heal with beautiful, minimal scars.
Reducing Risk Of Infection
Any sign of infection should be dealt with immediately, as infections that are left untreated can pose a general health risk, and result in fatty necrosis and may lead to tissue loss or unsightly scars
Although the risk of complications and infection is rare, during your initial consultation, Dr. Craft will ensure that you are well informed so you have all of the information necessary to make an educated decision and provide informed consent if you choose to go forward with the procedure. In Miami, tummy tuck surgery performed with Dr. Craft’s extensive experience and expertise can transform your figure in a beautiful and lasting way Call us today to find out more about your options.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?