How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy Tuck Surgery
A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a body contouring surgery which eliminates stubborn fat and skin from the stomach, while also allowing for repair of separated abdominal muscles. Planning for a tummy tuck in Miami can be thrilling, as you dream of wearing skin-baring clothes in our beautiful climate, however, swimsuits will have to wait at least a little while as you plan to wear practical and comfortable clothing during your recovery period.
The Day Of Your Surgery
Immediately following the procedure, your stomach will be placed in a medical grade post surgical garment and it will be necessary to wear everyday in order to reduce swelling. Thus, the day of your surgery, it is advisable to bring loose, comfortable clothing that is easy to get in and out of, such as a zip-up sweater and drawstring pants. Because stretching and reaching overhead is limited, be sure to bring a zip or button up top. You should also wear flat, comfortable shoes.
During Your Recovery
In most cases, it is necessary to continue wearing the compression garment provided for four to eight weeks post-operatively. This should be worn at all times in order to minimize the likelihood of swelling and help you heal faster. You won’t be wearing anything to show off your midriff just yet, but loose maxi dresses or button up tops are ideal to keep you comfortable while wearing a compression garment.
After four to six weeks, you can begin to have fun with your clothing selection, choosing apparel that compliments your new figure. You will likely need to go shopping or take your favorite clothes to a tailor as some patients find that they go down two or more pant sizes; however, the results will vary from patient to patient. A shopping trip can be a great way to reward yourself and embrace your new body at the end of the recovery process, but you should also keep in mind that the last residual swelling may take several months to completely resolve, and patience will be key.
Many patients find that several new possibilities are available to them as styles that would have previously been unflattering are well suited to their new physique. Form fitting dresses, skinny jeans, skirts, and shorts can help you to show off your new, leaner body. While some patients worry that bikinis will reveal the scars left at their incision sites, Dr. Craft always strive to strategically place these incisions to ensure they can be easily hidden below the bikini line.
Planning An Abdominoplasty
To learn more about Miami tummy tuck surgery, we welcome you to contact our clinic today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a qualified board-certified surgeon, with extensive experience performing tummy tucks and other body contouring procedures. Dr. Craft will listen to your goals for the procedure, provide you with a comprehensive plan and walk you through each step of the tummy tuck journey.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men