How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Tummy Tuck Surgery
A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a body contouring surgery which eliminates stubborn fat and skin from the stomach, while also allowing for repair of separated abdominal muscles. Planning for a tummy tuck in Miami can be thrilling, as you dream of wearing skin-baring clothes in our beautiful climate, however, swimsuits will have to wait at least a little while as you plan to wear practical and comfortable clothing during your recovery period.
The Day Of Your Surgery
Immediately following the procedure, your stomach will be placed in a medical grade post surgical garment and it will be necessary to wear everyday in order to reduce swelling. Thus, the day of your surgery, it is advisable to bring loose, comfortable clothing that is easy to get in and out of, such as a zip-up sweater and drawstring pants. Because stretching and reaching overhead is limited, be sure to bring a zip or button up top. You should also wear flat, comfortable shoes.
During Your Recovery
In most cases, it is necessary to continue wearing the compression garment provided for four to eight weeks post-operatively. This should be worn at all times in order to minimize the likelihood of swelling and help you heal faster. You won’t be wearing anything to show off your midriff just yet, but loose maxi dresses or button up tops are ideal to keep you comfortable while wearing a compression garment.
After four to six weeks, you can begin to have fun with your clothing selection, choosing apparel that compliments your new figure. You will likely need to go shopping or take your favorite clothes to a tailor as some patients find that they go down two or more pant sizes; however, the results will vary from patient to patient. A shopping trip can be a great way to reward yourself and embrace your new body at the end of the recovery process, but you should also keep in mind that the last residual swelling may take several months to completely resolve, and patience will be key.
Many patients find that several new possibilities are available to them as styles that would have previously been unflattering are well suited to their new physique. Form fitting dresses, skinny jeans, skirts, and shorts can help you to show off your new, leaner body. While some patients worry that bikinis will reveal the scars left at their incision sites, Dr. Craft always strive to strategically place these incisions to ensure they can be easily hidden below the bikini line.
Planning An Abdominoplasty
To learn more about Miami tummy tuck surgery, we welcome you to contact our clinic today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a qualified board-certified surgeon, with extensive experience performing tummy tucks and other body contouring procedures. Dr. Craft will listen to your goals for the procedure, provide you with a comprehensive plan and walk you through each step of the tummy tuck journey.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?