How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy Tuck Surgery
As a result of weight fluctuations, aging, or multiple pregnancies, many people begin to carry excess skin on their abdomen or struggle with diastasis recti which is a separation between the abdominal muscles and it can lead to a permanently bloated appearance.
While diet and exercise can help, oftentimes they are not enough to turn back the hands of time. If you struggle to shed stubborn weight in the abdomen or are bothered by the appearance of excess, loose skin resulting from significant weight loss, a tummy tuck may be right for you. However, before going forward with the procedure, it is important to take your time to select a highly qualified and experienced plastic surgeon, as the outcome of your surgery will be greatly affected by your choice. The following factors should be considered when choosing your Miami tummy tuck surgeon.
The first step when narrowing down your options is ensuring that you select a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons (ABPS), as this designation indicates that they have undergone the rigorous training and testing necessary to safely deliver the results you desire and deal with complications should they occur. This also makes certain that your procedure will be performed in an accredited surgical facility. While some surgeons may advertise themselves as “board-certified,” only a surgeon who is certified by ABPS is a qualified, highly trained plastic surgeon.
Experienced With Tummy Tuck
During your initial consultation, it is advisable to ask your prospective surgeon how frequently they perform abdominoplasty. Choose a surgeon who regularly performs tummy tuck surgery, rather than a surgeon who focuses primarily on the face, breasts or other area. Ask them what their clients typically choose to undergo. Knowing that they consistently perform tummy tucks will give you the confidence that they are skilled in this area.
Examine Before & After Photos
Carefully examine the surgeon’s before and after photographs, paying attention to patients whose “before” bodies closely resemble your own, as this will help ensure that your surgeon has experience working with similar body types and that you will be satisfied with the outcome. Each surgeon has his or her own unique aesthetic sensibility, so it is imperative to select a surgeon whose results appeal to you. In addition, viewing numerous before and after photos will help you feel confident in the surgeon’s ability to deliver consistent results.
Go With Your Gut
Finally, it is important to select a plastic surgeon with whom you feel comfortable. From the minute you enter his or her office, your surgeon should make you feel at ease and quickly earn your trust. If at any time during your consultation you feel uncomfortable, it is best to listen to your gut.
At Body by Craft, one of the top international plastic surgery destination clinics, we are dedicated to delivering beautiful results, while ensuring the comfort and safety of our patients. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a leading Miami tummy tuck surgeon, please contact us today.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men