Mini Tummy Tuck – Reduce Lower Abdominal Fat
Learn More About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
Mini Tummy Tuck
Due to a tummy tuck’s ability to dramatically improve a person’s waistline, one of the biggest misconceptions about abdominoplasty is that it results in significant weight loss. However, while the numbers on the scale may not change drastically following a mini or full tummy tuck procedure, patients will look visibly slimmer and fitter, as the tummy tuck is designed to tighten and sculpt the patient’s midsection. Because abdominoplasty is used to reshape but not to lose weight, it is recommended that excess pounds be shed and a stable weight maintained before planning for the procedure.
Weight Loss Prior To The Procedure
Whether you are considering a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck, it is important to lose excess weight prior to undergoing your procedure so that your most dramatic transformation and tummy tightening can be achieved. As well, because obesity contributes to increased health risks during and after surgery, maintaining a healthy body mass index will help to ensure that you are safe and heal well.
Weight Loss During The Procedure
Although it is advisable to lose weight prior to undergoing abdominoplasty, patients who have excess skin will lose a little weight because skin can be heavy. Individuals who have significant excess skin may immediately lose ten or more pounds from their abdomen as a result of removing this excess, however, many people lose less than five pounds, because it doesn’t necessarily take a lot to make a dramatic, visible difference.
Patients who undergo a full tummy tuck are more likely to have a larger amount of skin removed and larger people have a bigger surface rea. Supplementary liposuction is often performed along with a tummy tuck to further sculpt the figure. You might expect to lose a few pounds this way as well, though the visible difference and the incredible way that your clothes fit afterward is what will really make you feel rejuvenated. While the procedure may not result in significant immediate weight loss, it often makes future weight loss easier as mobility becomes easier with the excess gone.
Maintaining Your Weight
In order to ensure that you maintain the results of your tummy tuck, it is important to follow all aftercare instructions provided by your surgeon. Taking great care not to increase your consumption of calories while you are healing will help to prevent new fat cells from appearing.
A healthy diet and consistent exercise routine is an important key to ensuring that you feel as good as you look and keep the benefits of your procedure for a long time. In addition, it is advisable that women wait until they have finished having children before undergoing a tummy tuck because though pregnancy is possible again, they may adversely affect the results of the procedure.
Although abdominoplasty should not be viewed as a weight loss solution, it is a transformative surgery which can restore your waistline and confidence. To learn more about this life-changing procedure and whether a full or mini abdominoplasty is right for you, please contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a skilled surgeon dedicated to helping patients achieve beautiful, natural curves.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
Brazilian Butt Lift
- The Risks Of Getting Butt Injections
- The Dangers of Black Market Butt Injections
- Here Is Everything To Know About Butt Injections
- Choosing Between Fat Injections VS Implants For Butt Augmentation
- Types of Butt Injections And How Much They Cost
- The 3 Main Buttock Augmentation Options And Their Pros And Cons
- The Benefits Of Buttock Fillers To Augment Buttock Size
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Who Is A Good Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?
- Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Safer Than Implants?
- How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Performed?
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- What Is A BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- What Happens If I Lose Weight After A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- The Pros And Cons Of A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- How Many Procedures Will I Need For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- How Long Will It Take To See Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Buttocks Implants