Here Are The Different Ways Surgeons Approach Tummy Tuck Procedures
Tummy Tuck Surgery
A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a transformative cosmetic surgery procedure designed to improve the body’s contour by tightening abdominal muscles and eliminating excess skin and fat from the midsection. Although different variations of abdominoplasty have been performed for over one hundred years, today’s procedures are much more advanced due to exciting developments in medical technology. In Miami, Tummy tucks come in three popular forms, each of which has a unique objective and outcome.
Standard Tummy Tuck
A standard tummy tuck, commonly referred to as a full tummy tuck, is a procedure designed to target excess fat and skin above and below the navel. To accomplish this, two incisions must be made, one placed low on the abdomen from hip to hip, which can be strategically placed below the underwear line. The other surrounds the navel and will be nearly imperceptible when healed. The excess skin and tissue is then carefully removed, and the muscle below is tightened before skin can be pulled taut over the stomach. The belly button is reconstructed to finish the look.
A full or standard tummy tuck is best suited for men and women with excess skin above and below the navel and weakened abdominal muscles. Patients undergoing this procedure, which is performed under general anesthesia, should be in good overall health. While the length of downtime required varies slightly from patient to patient, in most instances, patients should allow themselves two weeks before resuming work and other commitments.
Mini Tummy Tuck
As its name implies, a mini tummy tuck is a less invasive form of abdominoplasty, which focuses on the lower abdomen, addressing excess fat and skin below the navel. As a result, this procedure necessitates a smaller incision, which is made below the belly button, so the navel is not affected. The surgeon removes extra skin and fat, while also tightening abdominal muscles before suturing the incision. However, any excess fat or skin above the navel is not addressed.
This procedure is ideal for patients who are troubled by persistent fat in the lower abdomen, frequently referred to as belly pouch, but who are otherwise slender. Because of the less invasive nature of this procedure, it can be performed under a lighter, twilight anesthesia and patients can often return to work in as little as one week.
Circumferential Lower Body Lift
A circumferential lower body lift is a procedure which targets the hips and lower back in addition to the abdomen. As a result, it is a more invasive procedure but can yield dramatic results, helping to reshape the upper body. A longer horizontal incision is made across the lower abdomen and continuing around the back. Liposuction is also utilized to remove fat from both the lower back and hips, creating a more consistent body contour. Like a full tummy tuck, this procedure involves reconstructing the navel.
Due to the more invasive nature of this technique, the required downtime is longer. On average, patients require three to four weeks to recover.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?