How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy Tuck surgery is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure designed to tighten abdominal muscles and remove excess skin and fat. As a result, it can significantly improve a person’s waistline and confidence. It is frequently requested as part of a “mommy makeover” or by individuals who have undergone dramatic weight loss, however, while most individuals are aware of its cosmetic benefits, many people do not realize that a tummy tuck also has numerous medical benefits, including the reduction of incontinence, improved posture, and the correction of ventral hernias.
Reduction Of Stress Urinary Incontinence
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) is a bladder control issue which affects many women after childbirth or as a result of aging. Everyday actions and activities such as coughing, sneezing, laughing and exercise can cause leakage of urine. Understandably, this is a source of embarrassment and frustration. Luckily, a tummy tuck can help reduce the effects of SUI as it reinforces abdominal muscles to push back bladder and abdominal contents. A slight obstruction created in the low abdomen, using soft tissue, can prevent bladder leakage.
Improved Posture & Abdominal Tone
As a result of multiple pregnancies or significant weight loss, abdominal muscles can become weakened and create the appearance of a bulge. Unfortunately, diet and exercise are not always effective in these circumstances because there is a vertical separation, however, a tummy tuck is designed to tighten weakened abdominal muscles, which helps to flatten the abdomen, improving its tone.
In addition, abdominoplasty helps to improve patients’ posture, as the tightened abdominal muscles work to support the spine, reducing lordosis, characterized by the inward curve of the spine. In addition to making you appear more confident and reducing the strain on your muscles, in many cases, improved posture helps to reduce back pain.
Correction of Ventral Hernia
A ventral hernia is a protuberance of tissues that pushes through weakened abdominal muscles, creating a visible bulge. In many cases, these hernias form at previous incision sites, so women who have undergone caesarean sections or appendectomies, for example, are more likely to develop these incisional hernias. However, ventral hernias can also be a result of significant weight loss.
Even after its removal, individuals are likely to develop another ventral hernia as weakened abdominal muscles make individuals more vulnerable to these unsightly bulges. However, abdominoplasty works to tighten stomach muscles, which strengthens the abdominal wall and greatly reduces the likelihood of future ventral hernias. Combining ventral hernia removal with a tummy tuck is an excellent way to save time and money and ensure that the problem does not reoccur.
To learn more about the numerous cosmetic and medical benefits of abdominoplasty, we welcome you to contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a leading tummy tuck surgeon in Miami. Dr. Craft will listen to your concerns and goals for the procedure in order to help you determine whether a tummy tuck is right for you.
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Do’s And Don’ts
- Make Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery A Breeze With This Easy Prep
- Upcoming Trends In Miami Breast Augmentation
- The Miami Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
- Answers To The Top 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Questions
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Questions To Ask At Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Saline Versus Silicone Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Round Versus Shaped Implants
- Miami Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Skin And Scar Care After Breast Augmentation In Miami
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- Smaller Breast Implants Are On Trend
- What Breast Augmentation Surgery Will Not Do
- Healthy Tips For Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The Reasons People Choose To Undergo Surgery
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- Why Are Miami Tummy Tucks More Popular Than Ever?
- Planning After Pregnancy: How Long Should You Wait For A Tummy Tuck?
- Removal Of Excess Skin In Miami: Is A Tummy Tuck The Best Way?
- Scar Treatment: When Is The Best Time To Start After A Tummy Tuck?
- Decoding Miami Tummy Tuck Terms
- A Miami Tummy Tuck Can Create A Smooth, Flat Belly
- Restore Your Pre-Baby Figure: Miami Tummy Tuck
- Creating An Optimal Tummy Tuck Scar In Miami
- Planning The First Few Weeks After Your Miami Tummy Tuck
- Miami Tummy Tuck Surgery Cost Explained
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Weight Loss Surgeries Result In More Tummy Tucks
- A Tummy Tuck Can Get Your Body Summer Ready
- How Will You Know If You Are Ready For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How Will You Know If You Are Ready For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Healthy Tips For Tummy Tuck Recovery
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How Soon Can You Go Home After Your Tummy Tuck Procedure?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- Here Are The Different Ways Surgeons Approach Tummy Tuck Procedures