Mini Tummy Tuck – Reduce Lower Abdominal Fat
Learn More About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
Mini Tummy Tuck Candidates
Striae, or stretch marks, are the streaks or lines that appear on the skin due to pregnancy or significant weight fluctuations. As the skin stretches to accommodate a growing baby during pregnancy or as a result of rapid weight gain, stretch marks may develop as the skin is expanded quickly, which causes injury to the dermal layer of the skin under the epidermis. While in some cases, the resulting lines are white or pink, in other instances, they appear red, purple or even blue, which can be very difficult to conceal.
As a result, individuals who develop stretch marks are often quite self-conscious about these troublesome markings, which typically appear on the abdomen, hips, buttocks, and thighs. Luckily, abdominoplasty, frequently referred to as a tummy tuck, can effectively remove stretch marks from the lower abdomen which is a common location for excessive stretch marks post-pregnancy.
Stretch Marks Below the Navel
Stretch Marks Above The Navel
Unfortunately, stretch marks above the navel cannot be removed during abdominoplasty, however, because the skin is lifted and repositioned during the procedure, stretch marks present above the navel prior to the surgery will be less visible following the procedure, as they will be moved to a lower position. This means that overall, abdominoplasty can greatly reduce the appearance of troublesome stretch marks.
Post-Operative Stretch Mark Reduction
In order to further reduce the appearance of any stretch marks that remain following abdominoplasty, it is recommended that patients avoid UV exposure and be vigilant when it comes to sunscreen application, as UV rays can cause the hyper- or hypopigmentation of stretch marks, which may be permanent. In addition, lasers and retinoid creams can work to reduce the appearance of bothersome stretch marks.
In addition to helping patients achieve the tightened and toned tummy of their dreams, abdominoplasty can effectively remove and/or reduce the appearance of stretch marks. As a result, it can be a transformative procedure for individuals who are troubled by stretch marks, excess skin, and stubborn fat, often present following massive weight loss or multiple pregnancies. If you are interested in this procedure, the best way to learn more and to find out if it can help you achieve your cosmetic goals is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a renowned Miami tummy tuck surgeon.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
Brazilian Butt Lift
- The Risks Of Getting Butt Injections
- The Dangers of Black Market Butt Injections
- Here Is Everything To Know About Butt Injections
- Choosing Between Fat Injections VS Implants For Butt Augmentation
- Types of Butt Injections And How Much They Cost
- The 3 Main Buttock Augmentation Options And Their Pros And Cons
- The Benefits Of Buttock Fillers To Augment Buttock Size
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Who Is A Good Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?
- Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Safer Than Implants?
- How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Performed?
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- What Is A BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- What Happens If I Lose Weight After A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- The Pros And Cons Of A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- How Many Procedures Will I Need For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- How Long Will It Take To See Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Buttocks Implants