Mini Tummy Tuck – Reduce Lower Abdominal Fat
Learn More About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
Mini Tummy Tuck Vs. Full Tummy Tuck Scar
Individuals who struggle with loose or sagging excess skin on the midsection may be candidates for abdominoplasty surgery, commonly referred to as a tummy tuck. This cosmetic procedure removes excess fat, skin and tightens muscles in order to create a visibly smoother, flatter stomach and an overall improved silhouette. Depending on the patient’s individual needs, there are two main types of abdominoplasty procedures: a mini tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck. While both procedures have similar goals, the primary appeal of a mini tummy tuck is its ability to tighten the skin and lower abdomen without creating a lengthy abdominal scar.
Mini Tummy Tuck Scar
During a mini tummy tuck, a slightly smaller incision is made low on the belly. In most cases, this incision is approximately 4-8 inches long, which is similar to the size of a C-section scar. Unlike a full tummy tuck, this incision can be hidden close to the pubic region, so it will be easily concealed beneath swimsuit bottoms and underwear. As a result, the scar is often undetectable. In addition, since a mini tummy tuck targets the lower abdomen, it does not require the revision of the belly button, so patients will not be left with any scars surrounding the belly button.
Full Tummy Tuck Scar
Because a full tummy tuck addresses excess fat above and below the navel, while removing a significant, “apron” of skin, a larger incision from hip to hip is typically required. Although the resulting scar will be longer, a skilled surgeon will ensure that its strategic location helps to reduce its visibility. The advantage of this procedure is that the surgeon will have greater access throughout the surgery, which enables the correction of both the upper and lower abdomen.
Love handles and major sagging which can occur after weight loss or pregnancies require a wide incision for complete removal and smooth contours. During surgery, the overlying skin will be separated from the umbilicus and moved downward before a new belly button is created. Patients who undergo a full tummy tuck do have a small scar hidden within the new belly button.
While the size and placement of scars following the procedure should certainly be taken into consideration when determining which type of tummy tuck is best for you, this should not be the determining factor. The ultimate goal of both a full or mini tummy tuck is restoring your abdomen in order to achieve your desired silhouette. A qualified and experienced board-certified surgeon’s skill and expertise will help reduce the risk of scarring, while ensuring that you will be very pleased with your result.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
Brazilian Butt Lift
- The Risks Of Getting Butt Injections
- The Dangers of Black Market Butt Injections
- Here Is Everything To Know About Butt Injections
- Choosing Between Fat Injections VS Implants For Butt Augmentation
- Types of Butt Injections And How Much They Cost
- The 3 Main Buttock Augmentation Options And Their Pros And Cons
- The Benefits Of Buttock Fillers To Augment Buttock Size
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Who Is A Good Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?
- Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Safer Than Implants?
- How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Performed?
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- What Is A BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- What Happens If I Lose Weight After A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- The Pros And Cons Of A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- How Many Procedures Will I Need For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- How Long Will It Take To See Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Buttocks Implants