The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
Learn More About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
Mini Tummy Tuck Vs. Full Tummy Tuck Scar
Individuals who struggle with loose or sagging excess skin on the midsection may be candidates for abdominoplasty surgery, commonly referred to as a tummy tuck. This cosmetic procedure removes excess fat, skin and tightens muscles in order to create a visibly smoother, flatter stomach and an overall improved silhouette. Depending on the patient’s individual needs, there are two main types of abdominoplasty procedures: a mini tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck. While both procedures have similar goals, the primary appeal of a mini tummy tuck is its ability to tighten the skin and lower abdomen without creating a lengthy abdominal scar.
Mini Tummy Tuck Scar
During a mini tummy tuck, a slightly smaller incision is made low on the belly. In most cases, this incision is approximately 4-8 inches long, which is similar to the size of a C-section scar. Unlike a full tummy tuck, this incision can be hidden close to the pubic region, so it will be easily concealed beneath swimsuit bottoms and underwear. As a result, the scar is often undetectable. In addition, since a mini tummy tuck targets the lower abdomen, it does not require the revision of the belly button, so patients will not be left with any scars surrounding the belly button.
Full Tummy Tuck Scar
Because a full tummy tuck addresses excess fat above and below the navel, while removing a significant, “apron” of skin, a larger incision from hip to hip is typically required. Although the resulting scar will be longer, a skilled surgeon will ensure that its strategic location helps to reduce its visibility. The advantage of this procedure is that the surgeon will have greater access throughout the surgery, which enables the correction of both the upper and lower abdomen.
Love handles and major sagging which can occur after weight loss or pregnancies require a wide incision for complete removal and smooth contours. During surgery, the overlying skin will be separated from the umbilicus and moved downward before a new belly button is created. Patients who undergo a full tummy tuck do have a small scar hidden within the new belly button.
While the size and placement of scars following the procedure should certainly be taken into consideration when determining which type of tummy tuck is best for you, this should not be the determining factor. The ultimate goal of both a full or mini tummy tuck is restoring your abdomen in order to achieve your desired silhouette. A qualified and experienced board-certified surgeon’s skill and expertise will help reduce the risk of scarring, while ensuring that you will be very pleased with your result.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?