Breast Reduction In Miami
Learn More About Breast Reduction Surgery
Just as many women are troubled by underdeveloped breasts, a number of women are also uncomfortable with their natural large breasts. Breasts that are disproportionate to your body frame can cause back pain, neck pain, and poor posture and may even hinder your ability to be physically active. As a result, many women choose to undergo a breast reduction or reduction mammoplasty in Miami, a procedure designed to reduce and reshape the breasts in a way which improves the patient’s body contour and increases their quality of life, enabling them to live a more active, comfortable life.
Ideal Candidates For A Breast Reduction
Women with natural breasts that are disproportionately large for their body frame frequently experience back, neck or shoulder pain as a result. Overtime, large breasts may cause drooping or sagging due to a loss of elasticity in the skin. In addition to restricting physical activity, this can cause painful bra strap marks and the development of rashes.
Ideal candidates for a breast reduction are healthy women who suffer from any of the aforementioned challenges or who simply hope to enhance the overall shape of their breasts by decreasing their size. It is necessary to wait until you have passed puberty before undergoing this procedure, as the breasts should be fully developed. Because pregnancy can impact breast size, it is advisable to undergo this procedure when you are not planning future pregnancies.
A breast reduction is a surgical procedure which is performed under a general anaesthetic. While the techniques used for the surgery may vary depending on your needs and goals for the procedure, in most cases, an incision is made around the areola and extending downwards, following the natural curve under the breast. Next, the plastic surgeon removes the necessary excess skin, fat, and glandular tissue to reduce the breast to the desirable size. Finally, the nipple and areola are repositioned and the incision is carefully closed.
In some instances, depending on the amount of excess glandular tissue, fat, and skin present, liposuction, or lipoplasty, a body contouring procedure, can be performed to reduce breast size. This procedure involves detaching and isolating fat for removal. Once the targeted fat is dislodged it is removed using cannulas inserted into tiny incisions in the skin. Depending on the patient’s needs, liposuction may also be combined with breast reduction surgery.
While it will take a few weeks for the swelling to subside, shortly after the procedure, your breasts will appear much firmer, elevated, and perky and you will notice an immediate reduction in back, neck, and shoulder pain.
If your large breasts are disproportionate to your body frame, cause you physical pain and discomfort, prevent you from participating in activities you enjoy, or simply make it difficult to shop for fitted clothing, you may benefit from a breast reduction. To learn more and to determine your eligibility for this procedure, please contact our clinic today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, a leading breast reduction surgeon in Miami.
Ready to reveal your body's potential?
Book a Private Consultation
After a breast reduction surgery, post-operative instructions call for plenty rest and limited movement in order to speed up the healing process and recovery time.
- Bandages are applied right after surgery to aid the healing process and to minimize movement of the breasts.
- For the first few days, patients sometimes report pain associated with surgery which can be treated with oral medication.
- Pain and discomfort are generally only reported for the first day or two following the surgery and rapidly diminish.
- There may be some bruising and swelling following the surgery.
- Bruising and swelling may take up to three weeks to diminish.
Depending on the incisions, Dr. Craft will use surgical closure techniques to aid in incisional healing. Dr. Craft will give you instructions on providing an optimal environment for wound healing. The stitches will be removed shortly after the surgery depending on the procedure(s) involved. Your surgeon will give you instructions for follow-up appointments as necessary.
During recovery, patients generally must avoid heavy exercise or sporting activities for one to two months. Some patients report numbing of the nipples for one to two months following the surgery, however these symptoms generally diminish.
While complications are rare, patients can minimize potential problems by carefully following the postoperative directions given by the enhancement team. The recovery for breast reduction patients who choose liposuction depends on how extensive of a procedure the patient undergoes.
- A support garment may need to be worn for three to six weeks after the surgery.support garment may need to be worn for three to six weeks after the surgery. These garments can help prevent bruising and swelling.
- Patients sometimes report pain after the procedure. Commonly, the most pain is felt the first 48 hours following the procedure and slight pain may be reported for several months following the procedure. The pain can be treated effectively with oral medication.
- Although some results are apparent immediately following a liposuction procedure, for the first few weeks post-surgery, most patients report swelling and puffiness. These symptoms are gradually reduced and resolve within four to six weeks following the surgery.
Share With Friends