What Exercise Is Safe 3 Weeks After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Since most patients considering a Miami breast augmentation are fit, health conscious individuals, they are often anxious to know how soon after the procedure they can resume their regular workout routine.
Although most patients are able to return to work and other light activities within one week of the procedure, some exercises should be avoided for the first several weeks to allow your body sufficient time to heal. Abdominal workouts and aerobic exercises are safe after three weeks but exercises involving the upper body should be avoided for up to six weeks. Above all else, it is important to let your body guide you to ensure that you do not push yourself too hard during the recovery period.
Light Exercise Such As Walking Should Be Resumed As Soon As You Are Up To It
Although you may not feel up to it for the first day or two post-operatively, once you have your energy back, it is important to integrate light activities such as walking into your daily routine. However, rigorous activities such as running on a treadmill and machines such as rowers or the elliptical should be avoided for at least three weeks, as they work up a sweat and increase your heart rate significantly. Lifting, pulling, straining and pushing should be avoided as these movements engage the healing pectoralis muscles.
Abdominal Workouts & Aerobic Exercises Are Safe After Three Weeks
Three weeks after your breast augmentation in Miami, it is safe to resume abdominal workouts and aerobic exercises. However, strenuous exercises should be gradually reintroduced and it is crucial to listen to your body and stop if you feel uncomfortable. When resuming cardio exercises such as running on a treadmill, it is important to wear a supportive bra. Extensive use of machines such as rowers and the elliptical should still be avoided as should upper body work.
Avoid Exercises Involving The Upper Body For 6 Weeks
It is important to wait at least six weeks before reintroducing exercises involving the upper body to ensure that the implant position is secure. After approximately six weeks, your tissues are typically 80% healed which means that many of the restrictions on physical activities can be lifted. However, you should be cautious when resuming chest, shoulder and overhead triceps work, as they work the pectoralis muscles. Take it slow and only do what you feel up to.
Exercise can have a tremendous impact on both your physical and mental health. However, when recovering from your Miami breast augmentation, it is important to listen to both your body and your plastic surgeon’s advice. Only reintroduce exercise once you have been cleared to do so and be sure that you do not push yourself too hard. Following your procedure, Dr. Craft will provide you with a detailed list of aftercare instructions which should be carefully adhered to in order to ensure the safety and efficacy of your recovery.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?