5 Things To Avoid Following Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
After you’ve completed your breast augmentation in Miami, there’s nothing you need to do but go home, watch Netflix and relax—or is there? Though they’re relatively straightforward, the restrictions you need to follow after your surgery are critical to safety and success. We’ll outline 5 of the most important instructions you’ll have after surgery and explain why these are essential.
5 Restrictions After Breast Augmentation in Miami
Avoid heavy lifting- including children
For patients who are parents, this can be one of the most challenging instructions we give. Here’s why it’s crucial. Your arm muscles and the action of lifting are connected to chest muscles. When you push, pull or pick up something heavy ( over 10 pounds) you’ll be engaging the pectoral muscles which in turn, push down and outward on your new breast implants. You may not even realize how much the simplest everyday use of your arms affects the chest. While in most cases, the concern will be pain and discomfort only, it is possible to push on those implants with strong muscle use and jeopardize your results. For two to 3 weeks, you’ll need help with any pets or kids that typically need lifting.
Sleep on your back, a little elevated
This is also frustrating for some people who are naturally front sleepers. The swelling in your chest increases with gravity so laying down flat all night could make your breasts feel more sore. If you roll onto your front in the first two weeks, pressure on fresh implant pockets will not feel pleasant. We recommend placing firm body pillows alongside you to help prevent accidentally turning.
Everyone experiences tension and breast discomfort differently while healing, but it’s generally not advised to reach the arms up over the head or forcibly stretch until you’re healed. Your plastic surgeon may give you the all-clear after the first couple of weeks, but listening to your body and resisting uncomfortable movement could mean keeping your arms down a bit longer. There’s no need to put extra tension on your incisions or stretch the breasts post procedure.
Unfortunately, for Miami breast augmentation patients, avoiding swimming of all kinds can feel somewhat restrictive. You’ll need to be vigilant about infection prevention until those incisions are totally healed, so that means staying out of pools, baths and hot tubs too.
Don’t take medications or supplements without asking
It might surprise you to know that some natural remedies and herbal supplements can cause a big problem after breast augmentation. Products like Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, Garlic, Omega 3s, and many more, affect how you naturally bleed and clot. It’s tempting to load up on healthy smoothies and handfuls of supplements after surgery to heal well, but we recommend sticking to a whole food, balanced diet and double checking with your plastic surgeon before taking a single vitamin or over the counter pill, just in case.
When you schedule your breast augmentation with Dr. Phillip Craft, he and his expert team will meet with you before the procedure day and provide detailed information to help you recover with ease. We’re available to answer questions at any time. Call us today to book your personal consultation. We look forward to helping you plan this rewarding cosmetic surgery.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?