Tummy Tuck in Miami: Which Procedure Is Right for You?
Tummy Tuck Surgery
If you’ve decided cosmetic surgery is what you need to get your belly in shape, you’ve only just begun your journey.
Do you know there are a few different methods for a tummy tuck in Miami? The best one for you will require a little research and answering some important questions. We’ll reveal the choices you have and how you might narrow those down in this article.
What can a Miami tummy tuck do for you?
Known medically as abdominoplasty, tummy tucks are designed to remove excess skin from the lower abdomen, reconstruct the belly button, repair and strengthen separated muscles, and sculpt away stubborn fat deposits. Not all procedure methods achieve each of these goals, however. Because each patient’s needs and expectations are unique to them, plastic surgeons have developed customized techniques to broaden patient options. Now you have the choice of a full abdominoplasty, mini, or hybrid. Which one will get you where you want to be?
The full/standard tummy tuck
In Miami, tummy tuck procedures have been traditionally carried out in this standard way. A full tummy tuck refers to the more comprehensive and invasive approach which can correct and repair multiple areas. Both men and women request this procedure, though for women, the reason is usually post-pregnancy abdominal changes, and for men, the primary factor would be a significant weight loss
Standard tummy tucks involve a long horizontal incision placed low on the abdomen. It typically runs from hip to hip and facilitates removal of a significantly stretched skin apron. The navel is reconstructed, and fat deposits extracted to slim the midsection. For those who have diastasis recti (separated abdominal muscles) strong, permanent sutures are used to pull these muscles close together again which shrinks the waistline and firms the frontal belly.
The extensive incision is unavoidable, but experienced body contouring surgeons place it discretely where it can hide beneath underwear or swimwear.
Mini tummy tucks
Tummy tucks are often performed just to remove a little excess skin. The patients who are well-suited to a ‘mini’ version of the abdominoplasty are usually in great shape and don’t have excess fat deposits, stretched skin above the navel, or diastasis rectus. The mini tummy tuck is popular with men and women who see a little laxity due to age or weight loss, not dramatic sagging from large pregnancies. Because a smaller ellipse of skin is removed, the incision will be shorter. The naval will remain untouched, but the surface below it is made smooth again.
Hybrid tummy tuck
For a particular type of patient, a combination approach can help target their aesthetic issues. This method allows for some muscle repair while removing minimal skin. It tends to work for post-pregnancy women who have minimal excess fat or skin, but see protrusion of the belly due to muscle separation. People who qualify for the hybrid option see a short abdominoplasty scar and will have the frontal abdomen tissue shifted downward slightly.
Schedule your private consultation to learn more
Trying to navigate options without the help of a plastic surgery expert can be daunting- you weren’t meant to go it alone! Dr. Phillip Craft will be happy to examine you, listen to your goals and questions, then advise you about the best approach to suit you and your body. Each method has benefits and drawbacks, so in-depth discussion with your surgeon will help you understand what to expect and feel confident moving forward. We’d love to meet you. Contact Body by Craft today.
- Tummy Tuck in Miami: Which Procedure Is Right for You?
- Understanding The Cost Of Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- How Long Does It Take to Perform Tummy Tuck in Miami ?
- What You Should Know About Pregnancy After Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- Can A Hybrid Tummy Tuck in Miami Give You The Results Without The Scars?
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Recovering After Your Tummy Tuck in Miami
- Tummy Tuck in Miami: Does Age Actually Matter?
- Resuming Exercise After Your Tummy Tuck In Miami
- 5 Things You Should Know About A Post-Holiday Tummy Tuck In Miami
- Treat Yourself This Holiday Season With A Tummy Tuck In Miami
- How A Tummy Tuck In Miami Can Prepare You for Bikini Season
- Tummy Tuck Miami – The Last Step
- Tummy Tuck Clinics In Miami Offer More Options Than You Think!
- A Miami Tummy Tuck Clinic Can Help Reveal The Real You
- Here’s Why Men Are Visiting Miami Tummy Tuck Clinics
- Why Are Miami Tummy Tucks More Popular Than Ever?
- Planning After Pregnancy: How Long Should You Wait For A Tummy Tuck?
- Removal Of Excess Skin In Miami: Is A Tummy Tuck The Best Way?
- Scar Treatment: When Is The Best Time To Start After A Tummy Tuck?
- Decoding Miami Tummy Tuck Terms
- A Miami Tummy Tuck Can Create A Smooth, Flat Belly
- Restore Your Pre-Baby Figure: Miami Tummy Tuck
- Creating An Optimal Tummy Tuck Scar In Miami
- Planning The First Few Weeks After Your Miami Tummy Tuck
- Miami Tummy Tuck Surgery Cost Explained
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Weight Loss Surgeries Result In More Tummy Tucks
- A Tummy Tuck Can Get Your Body Summer Ready
- How Will You Know If You Are Ready For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How Will You Know If You Are Ready For Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Healthy Tips For Tummy Tuck Recovery
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How Soon Can You Go Home After Your Tummy Tuck Procedure?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- Here Are The Different Ways Surgeons Approach Tummy Tuck Procedures