Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
Learn More About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
Mini Tummy Tuck
Although a full abdominoplasty, commonly known as a full tummy tuck, is a transformational procedure designed to dramatically reduce excess fat, skin and tighten muscles, it is also an invasive surgery which often requires two to three weeks of recovery time and necessitates a long scar, low on the belly. Conversely, a partial abdominoplasty, or mini tummy tuck, is a less extensive surgical procedure with a reduced scar length and a significantly shorter recovery time. It is not the best option for everyone, but understanding more about its advantages could help you determine if it is right for you.
Both a full and mini tummy tuck are designed to eradicate excess abdominal tissue and stubborn, sagging skin, which is often present following childbirth or significant weight loss. While the overall goals of both abdominoplasty procedures are similar, a mini tummy tuck focuses on the lower abdomen, targeting the tissue below the navel.
In addition, unlike a full tummy tuck which detaches and repositions skin around the navel, a mini tummy tuck does not reconstruct the navel, which means there is no risk of scarring surrounding the belly button. If you only have a small amount of skin laxity in the lower belly and no concern with the appearance of your upper abdomen, this may be the optimal choice.
Due to the complex nature of a traditional tummy tuck, this procedure is performed under a general anesthetic and the surgery typically takes between two to four hours. While in some cases a mini tummy tuck will also be performed under a general anesthetic, in many instances, only a local anesthetic with IV sedation is required and the surgery can be completed in as little as one to two hours.
Reduced Recovery Time
Because a mini tummy tuck requires less correction than a full tummy tuck, the downtime required is greatly reduced. While patients often take two to three weeks to recover from a full abdominoplasty, a partial abdominoplasty enables patients to return to work a week after the procedure. Muscle separation which is common post-pregnancy and known as a diastasis rectus, can be completely corrected during a full tummy tuck which also causes a temporary sensation of tightness afterward.
The mini tummy tuck will involve only lower muscle repair-if any- so the tight feeling is less significant during recovery. In addition, many patients have the energy and mobility required to resume moderate activities much sooner after a mini tummy tuck than those who undergo a full Abdominoplasty.
In order to determine which option will help you to reach your goals, it is important to consider your individual needs and expectations. While a mini tummy tuck is less invasive, reducing the required recovery time and scarring, only a full tummy tuck can adequately address lax tissue above the naval. During your initial consultation, Dr. Craft will listen to your aesthetic goals and examine your area of concern in order to help you decide on a personalized treatment plan.
- 9 Things to do Before Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- How to Correct Unbalanced Breasts With a Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Breast Augmentation in Miami As A Gift
- Learn About the Fat Transfer Method for Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What You Should Wear After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Consultation Checklist For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- What Foods Can Help Your Recovery After A Breast Augmentation in Miami?
- Important Exercise Tips To Keep in Mind After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- 5 Steps You Need To Follow To Prepare For Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Five Tips For Buying New Bras After Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: New You For The New Year!
- Three Miami Breast Augmentation Trends You Need To Watch For This Year
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon In Miami This Holiday Season
- How To Recover From A Breast Augmentation In Miami Just In Time For The Holidays
- Can A Breast Augmentation In Miami Be A Great Gift Idea For The Holidays?
- The Pros Are Greater Than The Cons When Considering Breast Augmentation in Miami
- The Advantages Of Traveling To Miami For Your Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation In Miami: Do Saline Breast Implants Look Different Than Silicone?
- Why Is The Popularity Of Breast Augmentation In Miami Increasing?
- 5 Key Tips to Ensure you get the Miami Breast Enhancement of Your Dreams
- Reasons Miami Breast Enhancement is Always Trending
- Consider The Safest Miami Breast Enhancement Options
- Read This Before Planning a Miami Breast Enhancement
- Miami Plastic Surgeon Advice For Fast Breast Enhancement Recovery
- 7 Things You Might Be Surprised To Know About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Find Out Why Sunny Miami Is A Top Breast Augmentation Destination
- 3 Miami Breast Augmentation Secrets We’re Ready To Reveal
- Can You Keep Your Miami Breast Augmentation A Secret?
- When To Hit The Beach After Your Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Questions – Have You Asked Your Surgeon?
- Miami Breast Augmentation – The Truth About Healing Revealed
- Miami Breast Augmentation – Your Top 5 Reasons To Say Yes
- Miami Breast Augmentation – 3 Red Flags That Tell You To Find Another Surgeon
- What’s Different About Miami Breast Augmentation Today?
- The Newest Implants Create Natural-Looking Breast Augmentations In Miami
- Get Help With Choosing Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Creating Dream Cleavage In Miami: The Modern Breast Augmentation
- Can Your Miami Breast Augmentation Surgeon Answer These Important Questions?
- Your Miami Breast Augmentation Recovery Can Be A Breeze!
- 5 Little Known Facts About Miami Breast Augmentation
- Miami Breast Augmentation Sizing: Try This Simple DIY Trick At Home
- Top Breast Augmentation Incision Options To Know In Miami
- Miami Breast Augmentation Problems And How To Avoid Them
- Miami Breast Augmentation - Today’s Important Considerations
- Miami Breast Augmentation Remains the Cost Effective, Long Term Option
- What Is A Natural Looking Miami Breast Augmentation?
- When Is A Miami Breast Augmentation A Bad Idea?
- What Are The Steps During A Miami Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- How Long Does It Take To Look Great After A Miami Breast Augmentation?
- Miami Breast Augmentation: Which Size Is Right For You?