Brazilian Butt Lift – Transfer Your Own Fat to Your Butt
Learn More About Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
Brazilian Butt Lift
A Brazilian Butt Lift, or BBL, is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure that involves transferring fat from areas of excess fat such as the waist, abdomen and thighs to the buttocks in order to enhance its appearance. Understandably, many women who undergo this procedure may be worried about the effects exercising and weight loss can have on the results of their BBL.
The fat transferred from the donor site during the BBL continues to behave like fat from its original location. Therefore, it is important to be aware that working out and toning your gluteal muscles can change the shape of your buttocks, but will not cause a loss of volume unless the donor site is experiencing fat loss too. Any decrease in volume experienced is a result of fat cells shrinking, not the death of fat cells.
Furthermore, the fat transferred during the BBL follows the general metabolism of your body, therefore targeted gluteal workouts do not cause a loss of BBL results. In fact, targeted workouts for the buttocks can actually help increase the size and maintain the shape of the BBL. However, alterations to your BBL results can be caused by changes in your body’s metabolic status. For instance, if your metabolism is exceeding your daily caloric intake, you will experience weight loss from the whole body including the BBL fat.
If you have recently undergone a BBL procedure, you should wait approximately six weeks before resuming your work out routine in order to ensure you have allowed your body time to recover. In addition, starting vigorous training in order to target the gluteal muscles should be avoided for at least three months in order to assure that the transferred fat cells are alive and growing. After this time period, you are free to slowly build your gluteal muscles and potentially further increase the size of your buttocks.
Exercises that target the buttocks area include squats, lunges, intense cardiovascular training such as P90X, and calisthenics. These routines can help you build up the gluteal muscles to maintain your newly acquired curves. Provided Dr Phillip Craft has given you the green light to resume physical activities, exercise is an excellent way to maintain and even enhance the BBL results. In addition to training the muscles, keeping a stable weight and increasing caloric intake will also help you attain long-lasting results.
If you are considering a BBL and want to learn more about its impact on your exercise routine and overall lifestyle, we invite you to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Craft in order to determine how BBL can help you reach your personal goals and what considerations should be taken into account prior to scheduling surgery.
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
Brazilian Butt Lift
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Who Is A Good Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?
- Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Safer Than Implants?
- How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Performed?
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- What Is A BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- What Happens If I Lose Weight After A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- The Pros And Cons Of A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- How Many Procedures Will I Need For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- How Long Will It Take To See Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Buttocks Implants