The Risks Of Getting Butt Injections
Learn More About Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
Because of our society’s emphasis on having a shapely, perky derriere, more and more women are interested in buttocks augmentation. While a Brazilian butt lift (BBL) and butt implants are both relatively safe and effective ways of augmenting your buttocks, many women around the world turn to illegal butt injections to achieve the look they desire due to the high costs associated with surgery. However, in addition to being illegal, the underground industry of butt injections is incredibly dangerous due to both the materials being used and the non-certified practitioners performing the injections.
In worst-case scenarios, the injected silicone leaks into the bloodstream, eventually travelling to the lungs, which can be fatal. As a result, in some instances, it is necessary to remove the injected silicone, and this is no easy feat. In addition to the numerous health risks these injections pose, they also frequently result in deformities and do not allow patients to achieve their desired results.
Hydrogel is another illegal injectable sold at discounted rates by unscrupulous practitioners. While the bulk of this injection is made up of water, it also includes polyacrylamide and there are a number of off-market forms of this substance being used. As a result, it is frequently impure and unregulated, which makes it particularly dangerous. Like silicone, this injectable is illegal in the United States due to its dangerous side effects; thus, it would not be used in a medical facility.
As with any medical procedure, only licensed medical professionals should administer injections. In addition to the danger the injected substance poses, there is also an increased risk of infection and other complications when improper aseptic techniques are used.
Unlike board-certified surgeons, who hold hospital privileges or conduct surgery in a facility or clinic that meets all required medical and safety standards, black market injectors frequently run their practice in a motel/hotel room or residential house. This puts patients in grave danger due to the unsanitary environment and lack of support and resources should a problem arise.
If you are interested in enhancing your buttocks using injectables, the only safe and FDA approved method is fat grafting, otherwise known as BBL. Although the cost will be greater, your safety should always be your number one priority and beautiful, natural looking results are worth the investment.
To learn more about fat injections to increase your curves, please contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craft, an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon dedicated to helping patients safely achieve their desired look.
Brazilian Butt Lift
- Choosing Between Fat Injections VS Implants For Butt Augmentation
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- How Many Procedures Will I Need For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- How Long Will It Take To See Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- What Is A BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- Who Is A Good Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?
- Types of Butt Injections And How Much They Cost
- The Risks Of Getting Butt Injections
- Here Is Everything To Know About Butt Injections
- The Benefits Of Buttock Fillers To Augment Buttock Size
- How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Performed?
- The Pros And Cons Of A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Buttocks Implants
- What Happens If I Lose Weight After A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Safer Than Implants?
- The 3 Main Buttock Augmentation Options And Their Pros And Cons
- The Dangers of Black Market Butt Injections