The Dangers of Black Market Butt Injections
Learn More About Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
Black Market Butt Injections
Because a full, curvy bottom has become increasingly fashionable and desirable for many women, buttocks augmentation surgery has been on the rise in recent years. In fact, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, it is amongst the fastest growing cosmetic surgery procedures. While butt implant surgery has gained popularity, the most popular buttocks enhancement procedure is butt injection rather than implants. Although the Brazilian butt lift (BBL) using fat transfer is the only FDA approved butt injection procedure, surgery prices prompt some women to seek black market butt injections from unqualified surgeons or even laypeople. Unfortunately, any procedure performed in unsanitary conditions with unregulated products can result in dangerous side effects and even death.
Illegal injectors may have no medical background and use materials that are not FDA approved. Reconstructive surgery and health care to correct complications can eventually rack up a high price tag. Unlike a plastic surgeon, who will ensure your preparation and medical care after surgery, illegal injectors often vanish, frequently relocating their illegal practices in order to avoid being caught.
A board-certified surgeon will hold hospital privileges or perform surgery in a facility which meets the required medical and safety standards, ensuring your safety and comfort during the procedure. Black market injectors, on the other hand, often set up their practice in a home, hotel, or even a garage, which should be an immediate red-flag to prospective patients.
All surgical procedures should be performed in a professional, sterile environment. If complications arise during your surgery despite careful protocols, it is crucial that you be in a medical facility, where the help you require is immediately available.
Black market injections are illegal for a reason; they are incredibly dangerous and pose numerous health risks, many of which may not be evident until many years after the procedure. In addition to the risk of infection, injectable substances sold illegally to unlicensed individuals may result in chronic pain, scarring, hardened scar tissue, a weakened immune system, pneumonia, chronic swelling, numbness, and even death. The liquid silicone used in many injections can permeate the lungs, causing innumerable health issues.
As a result, in many cases, it is necessary to remove the injected silicone, which is extremely difficult and costly. While the results of these injections may be immediate, in most cases the trouble that follows is almost as immediate and never worth it.
If you are considering butt injections or augmentation surgery, do not be persuaded by inexpensive black-market injectors. Your long-term health is much more important than any potential short- term aesthetic improvement. An experienced, qualified surgeon can safely and effectively deliver the results you desire using safe and effective fat grafting techniques which deliver soft, natural and long-lasting volume. To learn more about this procedure and our financing options, please contact our clinic to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Craft.
Brazilian Butt Lift
- Miami Brazilian Butt Lift With Fat Transfer
- Choosing Between Fat Injections VS Implants For Butt Augmentation
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- How Many Procedures Will I Need For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- How Long Will It Take To See Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- What Is A BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- Who Is A Good Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?
- Types of Butt Injections And How Much They Cost
- The Risks Of Getting Butt Injections
- Here Is Everything To Know About Butt Injections
- The Benefits Of Buttock Fillers To Augment Buttock Size
- How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Performed?
- The Pros And Cons Of A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Buttocks Implants
- What Happens If I Lose Weight After A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Safer Than Implants?
- The 3 Main Buttock Augmentation Options And Their Pros And Cons
- The Dangers of Black Market Butt Injections